COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Going to fun times when your flight gets cancelled in the future

https://www.theage.com.au/business/...tomers-onto-self-service-20201105-p56byw.html
Without it being an overt policy, flying with Qantas has been like this for years. They consistently give woeful service. My most recent flights were with them and the very small number of staff assisting at the self check in terminals were being over worked by the incompetent passengers, unreliable systems, and were treating everyone like an inconvenience. It's not much different in the aircraft either.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Without it being an overt policy, flying with Qantas has been like this for years. They consistently give woeful service. My most recent flights were with them and the very small number of staff assisting at the self check in terminals were being over worked by the incompetent passengers, unreliable systems, and were treating everyone like an inconvenience. It's not much different in the aircraft either.
Agreed. A premium price for a woeful service. Almost any Asian carrier is better. They now have the chance to make you more miserable on domestic routes now that Virgin is on the ropes and being a cheap and cheerful airline now.

The Qantas help desk at Tullamarine is one of the most unhelpful desks you can ever come across.

No surprise that they want to fully automate it now considering checkins have been like that for a while now.

Wait for the inevitable time their IT goes belly up at a peak period and the 'We are profoundly sorry and promise to do better' speeches from Joyce and his cronies.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'd imagine that Biden would like to increase testing and take some proactive position on curtailing the spread of the virus. No doubt this will lead to a lot of criticism for him about the spoke in numbers.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very much looking forward to being able to visit friends and family beyond the 25km bubble now (as well as getting back onto 'proper' mtb trails).

In the latest restriction oddity*, as of the 22nd you can have up to 10 visitors in your home. As my wife's family group is 3 sets of 4 people, plus her parents, that means that we can all get together at any one of the houses in which 4 people live, all of which are suburban houses with small yards so we'd be mainly inside. What we can't do is all visit her parents house, even though they live in a large house in regional Victoria, with enough deck space to ensure we all stay outside....

*yes I know you have to draw the line somewhere. I just find it funny that there always seems to be an immediate "but what about..." every time they announce a new plan :D