COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
...always in skimpy attire.
Unfortunately, the mankini didn't break that glass ceiling as all of our evil plans for domination had hoped.

What is wrong with the ladies when beach attire like this doesn't get them in line like an Aldi store at 08:30am that is rumoured to have toilet paper.
Borat_Mankini_2048x.jpg

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Arrived at shopping centre to do the weekly shop at 09:30 today, carpark was much emptier than usual at that time. I thought, Great, people are staying away, taking this seriously and the panic buying has subsided (I was starting to get concerned that we'd have to dip into our isolation supplies due to empty shelves rather than not being able to get to the shops).

Shopping centre itself was quiet, very, very few people wearing masks (I realise that they don't do a hell of a lot, but they are a barometer of how people are reacting and they do assist you in stopping you from touching your face).

Get into Aldi and holy shit, every register open with each line snaking ahlfway through the shop. Went to green grocer, place is almost deserted and the meat section up the back is fully stocked, whilst Aldi and Coles are pretty bare. Coles was actually very normal looking except for meat, dunny roll, tissues, kitchen paper and the baby section had been depleted a bit as well. Fuckers had a two bottle limit on milk. Which house with more than two people only uses two bottles of milk a week?!

By the time I left the shops at about 10:30 it was really filling up, no indication that social distancing was happening and people staring at the very few folk that were wearing masks. No sanitiser throughout the shops, no signs about sneezing/coughing and no indication at all (except fo Aldi) that anything was different than a normal weekend. Disappointing.

moorey

call me Mia
2 milks? Fancy. We’re allowed one item from each category. Was denied when I tried to buy both a tin of tomatoes and a tin of refried bean, as both are tinned veg.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
People @johnny ... People. Could you have expected anything more? Set your standards low, very low...

Both Coles and Woolworths here (usually open til midnight) are closing at 8am. As someone who usually goes for a ride, grabs a coffee, then shops this is all very inconvenient. I reckon they'd have a lot more shit on the shelves if the opened 11pm til 8am...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
2 milks? Fancy. We’re allowed one item from each category. Was denied when I tried to buy both a tin of tomatoes and a tin of refried bean, as both are tinned veg.
Fuck that's a bit crazy. We get 2 of each...made me feel like a crazy person when I wanted 2 tons of beans and 2 tins of tomatoes the other day. People...grrrrrrrr!

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just pointing out a potential difference in our public spaces to Italy's.

I don't know about you but I was in Northern/Central Italy a couple of years ago and didn't look much different to any comparable space within Australia, sure it was not a clean as Switzerland we went through just before but comparable to France where we started that Euro trip.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
They saw you coming.
You represent the same threat to the vege isle as a bogan does to the dunny rolls.;)

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't know about you but I was in Northern/Central Italy a couple of years ago and didn't look much different to any comparable space within Australia, sure it was not a clean as Switzerland we went through just before but comparable to France where we started that Euro trip.
I should add I can thoroughly recommend the Massa Marittima trails, I rode some stuff near Lucca that was super steep and sketchy on an XC bike..

Flow-Rider

Burner
The problem is the south part of Italy.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's how they get in and make their way up north, there's bugger all work in the south of Italy and most migrate up north to places like Milan even the locals.
I think there is conflating of the two issues is all, the migrant issue is a whole different thing to the pandemic trying to link the two is drawing a very long bow indeed.