COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I'm less worried about DR and more worried about hacks these days. Saw a good one yesterday:

View attachment 393805
That person is my employer lol

Every laptop at work has an administration password blocking any installation of programs. They assume we are all kindergarten kids.

Couldn't even install the native software for the digital pressure gauges we use everyday.

Good thing I know the admin password!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
That person is my employer lol

Every laptop at work has an administration password blocking any installation of programs. They assume we are all kindergarten kids.

Couldn't even install the native software for the digital pressure gauges we use everyday.

Good thing I know the admin password!
Used to be the case here that most poeple would need admin so they got it granted permanently, but we now have a two step process where your manager has to approve the ability to request admin, and that gives lets you run the program which gives you temporary admin access and records why you needed it.

It's a good solution to reduce risk when you have a lot of employees who need to install all manner of things.

Chamelion

Likes Dirt
[/QUOTE]
It's a crock of SHIT. Over blown by the media who are doing just what the Chinese government want and scaring everyone into economic oblivion so they can take over the world they already own.

Upload to imgur then link here. BUT it is probably superfluous as we are all going to die anyway.
lol, this comment didn't age well.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Yes, but for them too.
Honestly that's getting pretty fucking alarming. The CCP leadership does not appear to care in the slightest what the economic and societal damage is going to be to China to continue to pursue their unworkable COVID zero policy. It's ideological nihilism trumping pragmatic policy.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Honestly that's getting pretty fucking alarming. The CCP leadership does not appear to care in the slightest what the economic and societal damage is going to be to China to continue to pursue their unworkable COVID zero policy. It's ideological nihilism trumping pragmatic policy.
Or it's just their modern version of the class system.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
They've got some pretty interesting times ahead, demographically and by extension economically. Since the current system basically relies on perpetual growth to sustain itself (though, my depth of understanding on that barely gets my toes wet).

1668044073991.png

dazz

Downhill Dazz
I'm guessing the population demographic could be a pretty big factor in them not pulling the trigger on aggressive expansion of territory, not wanting to lose a big chunk of younger demographic to conflict, or perhaps I'm totally wrong and the CCP's plan to address a shrinking domestic population is to boost it by "acquisition"?

They're pretty dead set on adding 24 million Taiwanese to the Chinese population currently, who'd be next after that?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I'm guessing the population demographic could be a pretty big factor in them not pulling the trigger on aggressive expansion of territory, not wanting to lose a big chunk of younger demographic to conflict, or perhaps I'm totally wrong and the CCP's plan to address a shrinking domestic population is to boost it by "acquisition"?

They're pretty dead set on adding 24 million Taiwanese to the Chinese population currently, who'd be next after that?
Yeah good points. It's hard to know except for since elevating Xi Jinping to God Emperor for Life status they seem to be firmly focused on ideology over pragmatism. Previously they were quite happy to let commerce run riot as long as everyone towed the party lines (a similar faustian pact Putin signed off with the population of Russia) but apart from anything else I can't see how them continuing to aggressively pursue COVID zero won't mean they'll have to close themselves off to the rest of the world forever. And I can't see how that won't ultimately fuck their economy and make lots and lots of their citizens start to question why they're doing so.....