COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Minlak

custom titis
Is there a government effort to pretend covid doesn't exist anymore?

It is actually part of the roadmap out of lock downs and quarantine etc - You stop talking about it - Most major news sites I see only have the odd article and no more cases counters etc - So they pretty much have press releases like the Health Minister says go get the 4th vaccine or the flu sucks etc

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It is actually part of the roadmap out of lock downs and quarantine etc - You stop talking about it - Most major news sites I see only have the odd article and no more cases counters etc - So they pretty much have press releases like the Health Minister says go get the 4th vaccine or the flu sucks etc

Ahhhhh I think I learnt about this technique on the Simpsons.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Is there a government effort to pretend covid doesn't exist anymore?

Yeah. We've gone full retard unfortunately. Ignoring the tens of people dying each day, the long covid stats that are emerging are bleak as well.

Qld has already had to cancel elective surgery because the hospitals are overloaded or under staffed (or both).

Wearing masks and social distancing can still go a long way to reducing the numbers. Pretending covid no longer exists seems to make a mockery of all the sacrifices w have previously made.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Pretending covid no longer exists seems to make a mockery of all the sacrifices w have previously made.
Yes it does. It also makes people complacent about continuing precautionary measures to reduce the risk...like washing hands, masks, and vaccination. Not just for covid, but other ailments that are also getting around.

Imagine if people stopped being vigilant about sexually transmitted ailments!

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Yeah. We've gone full retard unfortunately. Ignoring the tens of people dying each day, the long covid stats that are emerging are bleak as well.

Qld has already had to cancel elective surgery because the hospitals are overloaded or under staffed (or both).

Wearing masks and social distancing can still go a long way to reducing the numbers. Pretending covid no longer exists seems to make a mockery of all the sacrifices w have previously made.
yep In Vic our active case load has gone up a third (57k today) in the last two weeks and positive PCRs are returning at a rate of ~25% and have been for a months. Earlier on in the pandemic, there was an article that described a positive rate of 5% from PCRs as "uncontrolled spread". SO we've just been accepting uncontrolled spread for months now.

I read yesterday that since Feb this year on 58 people have been fined for not wearing a mask on PT despite something like 60k stopped on PT for that very reason in the same time. Yet we know that for masks to work, there has to be high mask compliance. So why aren't we enforcing the easiest, simplest , cheapest measure we have? Because, fuck it, that's why.

100% agree that it feels like everything we went through is now wasted. This is the "let it rip" scenario in full swing.

I haven't commented on my own infections thus far, but I'm sitting here on my third infection since having been forced to go back to work in an office several months ago. Managed to avoid it while we had various measures in place without any serious restrictions to my personal routines.

The govt doesn't give a shit anymore. This is the new normal. To hell with everything else. Its a bit hard to claim "personal responsibility" when things like removing "work from home if you can" settings and then not even taking the laws around mask compliance seriously enough to fine every cunt who doesn't wear one when they should. Guaranteed theyre not checking on people isolating anymore either and I know for a fact that there are people out there who have tested positive who are just going about their normal day, working, shopping, pub etc.

If something worse comes along, there is no hope for us i reckon.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Imagine if people stopped being vigilant about sexually transmitted ailments!
already been happening.

I blame the de stigmatization of HIV and the rise of hookup apps and easily accessible drugs coupled with a younger population that wasn't brought up with the grim reaper adds.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I haven't commented on my own infections thus far, but I'm sitting here on my third infection since having been forced to go back to work in an office several months ago. Managed to avoid it while we had various measures in place without any serious restrictions to my personal routines.
That sucks. Wife is in a Uni library and they still are requiring masks in all indoor areas, at my work my immediate area seats 66, generally there is 1 to 6 people here, so we've both avoided catching it thus far despite being back at work full time. Work from home if you can is still the norm for my work. I have 4 team members in Canberra, I reckon each of them has spent maybe 10 days in total at work since COVID started. 2/3 of my Melb peeps are back in a day a week, simlarly the office is very quiet. My Sydney peeps are 99% WFH too.

Those grim reaper adds used to scare me.
They needed a reaper wandering the city streets coughing on people which instantly turned them to black vapour, except the ones with masks!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
They needed a reaper wandering the city streets coughing on people which instantly turned them to black vapour, except the ones with masks!
I think thats a little fast. The wheezing and the coughing, the clutching at throat/chest, he skin withering and aging rapidly...then the death. Maybe the reaper explodes out of someone's uncovered mouth as they cough.

Sound track is either for whom the Bell tolls or creeping death. Not a Metallica fan, but that album has some absolute bangers on it. Sadly our world is more obey your master.