COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
It’s not really YOLO if they follow guidelines
Follow guidelines? People cant even wear a mask properly. How many young adults with pent up tension who are out clubbing are going to be adhering to social distancing, no dancing, wearing a mask unless consuming food or drink while they get progressively more drunk through the night?

Zero.

Anyway it was just a throwaway comment around me being annoyed if i had kids of clubbing age. I know what i was like at 18. invincible.

guidelines are now largely useless, just for show to make people feel safe and promoting them to get on with it.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
Follow guidelines? People cant even wear a mask properly. How many young adults with pent up tension who are out clubbing are going to be adhering to social distancing, no dancing, wearing a mask unless consuming food or drink while they get progressively more drunk through the night?

Zero.

Anyway it was just a throwaway comment around me being annoyed if i had kids of clubbing age. I know what i was like at 18. invincible.

guidelines are now largely useless, just for show to make people feel safe and promoting them to get on with it.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I'm conflicted. This seems to bee on Pauline Hansons own channel along with a bunch of other funny shit. But also Pauline Hanson. Is the channel satire? I don't want to click more videos
Im not conflicted. This isn’t funny and it’s massively fucked up propaganda. Unfortunately the dumb cunts who think this is funny are the demographic Pauline is going for…

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Lol, sorry wasn’t meaning to directly join those dots…
not taken that way. I like caricature, and some of the animation in that video is top notch. Love the use of dodge ball as a cheap metaphor for dodging political issues. That said, i know that simply because this is on a pauline hanson official page it has to be seen for what it is. The bit im conflicted about is giving her the audience she doesnt deserve, even if it is a critical one. also i dont want my youtube algo to start sending me other stupid videos

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
was just thinking it was weird how i havent had any warnings on the NSW check in app for a while when i got one yesterday. and viewing history shows ive had about 2 a week it just doesnt bother to warn about. Not like anyone cares now, just continue to operate on the assumption ive crossed paths and it doesnt matter unless you get some symptoms

indica

Serial flasher
So, let it rip @ work is almost done.
400 recovered with 30 active. (900 population)
Only a couple to hospital but pretty good onsite help.

BKMad

Likes Dirt
I shouldn’t be surprised, but I was surprised to see this in the local newsagent today as I was buying up roadie mags:

View attachment 386397

“It’s a fact that more-educated folks are more susceptible to mass delusion…”
Its a fact that the sort of people that will buy this think they are smarter than everyone else, but in reality are more susceptible to mass delusion

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
Its a fact that the sort of people that will buy this think they are smarter than everyone else, but in reality are more susceptible to mass delusion
It's human nature to be susceptible to mass delusion....we all are in one way or another, despite what we tell ourselves....Religion, Sports teams, Disc brakes on road bikes?

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
I shouldn’t be surprised, but I was surprised to see this in the local newsagent today as I was buying up roadie mags:

View attachment 386397

“It’s a fact that more-educated folks are more susceptible to mass delusion…”
For me personally, there is a huge difference between being 'educated' and intelligent. I deal with some very well educated people in my life, but an awful lot of them don't have a grain of common sense, humilty or intelligence.