COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Dales Cannon

The Olden Dazed
Staff member
Given the initial symptoms presented like 'flu and given it would need to spread madly for it to be worthy of review AND the time it would take to investigate there is no way this could have been contained anywhere in the world presuming it is a "natural" mutation of a viral strain. If it escaped from a lab... ...that is another story.

Despite the best efforts I doubt it is engineered but hey what would I know. Key is dealing with it. Elimination didn't and couldn't work. Minimisation while vaccines were created helped. Antivaxxers are fucktards selfishly putting the lives of others (those who can't be vaccinated and the highly vulnerable fuck their antivax mates) at risk. Misinformation that has meant lower vaccine uptake in remote communities is criminal and those responsible are culpable.

Management here has been lacking, especially from the top and a few places, like us, were incredibly lucky.

Sky_Collapsed

did the rEseaRch
Yeah you are one confusing motherfucker
not sure what you're finding to be confusing. Only just now is my industry proposing vaccine mandate (they've only just released the email to industry to be commented on) but it is highly likely they'll mandate it, if they don't I'll honestly be surprised.

Squidfayce

Lives under a bridge
not sure what you're finding to be confusing. Only just now is my industry proposing vaccine mandate (they've only just released the email to industry to be commented on) but it is highly likely they'll mandate it, if they don't I'll honestly be surprised.
So soon to be unemployed?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
It's a waste of my time conversing with you, you contradict yourself at the drop of hat.
View attachment 385223
Maybe if you actually read and processed before commenting you'd see that i was clearly referring to OUR restrictions - as in the closing of borders, short sharp lockdowns where needed etc. 14 day quarantine for international arrivals, mask mandates etc. That said, I'll happily admit not all of them were worthwhile. Melbourne's curfew and the closing of kids parks were pointless punishment exercises.

As for the CCP jailing people who spoke out about it initially. That's got sweet FA with the situation at all. The virus was already crossing borders by that stage. That's what happens when you have an outbreak in a city of 11m people with an international airport doing direct flights to some of the world's biggest hub airports.