COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
SA Police Commissioner tested positive. My work pretty flexible with the WFH. Think I will work from home for a bit but kids swim lessons start again this week. Hmm. Live like a hermit or take the risk.

Gets exhausting after a while can see why people are getting to the don’t care stage. :(

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01...alinauskas-tests-positive-for-covid/100736138
I have been happily avoiding anyone, as much as humanly possible. Still get people howling at me for hiding away, but I get to do pretty much all that I NEED for a healthy, comfortable existence, without engaging with the rampant stupidity I see, as I drive past it going about my business.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
got to work today. opened the ol' email. First email i see from HR yesterday morning - Work from home if you can. FFS. An SMS rather than email to the work email during a public holiday would have been nice
That would've been me as well (along with everyone else on the shop floor).

I absolutely refuse to have my emails (or anything else pertaining to work) on my personal phone.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Funny answer - They have been shooting the Covid
Real answer it is their Winter and only 62% vaccination rate - Healthcare is not free over there I have seen some horrendous bills from USA that were generated for emergency health care (not elective surgery) - Larger population of lower socioeconomic regions with no access to even basic care - Co- morbidity factors are a huge influence on Covid death rates

I’d add that the 62% vax rate is likely a National rate which does t take into the account the disparity between Republican and Democratic Party voting states. The vax rates rates in red states is appallingly low which when coupled with poor nutrition and lack of affordable healthcare is actually -hilariously- affecting the voting demographics due to mortality rates.
And to think the Republicans spent so much effort in all that gerrymandering…

Minlak

custom titis
I’d add that the 62% vax rate is likely a National rate which does t take into the account the disparity between Republican and Democratic Party voting states. The vax rates rates in red states is appallingly low which when coupled with poor nutrition and lack of affordable healthcare is actually -hilariously- affecting the voting demographics due to mortality rates.

Minlak

custom titis
Interesting Graph - lowest percentage average is for the most vulnerable

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I have been happily avoiding anyone, as much as humanly possible. Still get people howling at me for hiding away, but I get to do pretty much all that I NEED for a healthy, comfortable existence, without engaging with the rampant stupidity I see, as I drive past it going about my business.
If I was single I would just stay home but with kids makes it harder. Just getting the weekly shop is a risk. Got to the point where I wear my mask, sanitise and social distance and just hope! o_O

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
If I was single I would just stay home but with kids makes it harder. Just getting the weekly shop is a risk. Got to the point where I wear my mask, sanitise and social distance and just hope! o_O
Thankfully, my lad feels much the same way. Otherwise I would have no choice but to go with the flow, because his happiness and well-being remain at the top of my list.

Minlak

custom titis
to be fair, some roles demand it. Keeping a large company's IT architecture operating smoothly is a 24hr job.

Personally I would have loved to get a call last night to let me know i could have slept in or gone for an early ride :D
100% but then that is not outside their work hours - if your job entails 24hr contact then no one is breaking the law :)

link1896

Mr Greenfield
100% but then that is not outside their work hours - if your job entails 24hr contact then no one is breaking the law :)
I’ve been contactable 6am till midnight for the best part of 20 years. It’s not a way to live, regardless of the package on offer. Being held accountable to minor mistakes made at 7pm on a sunday night when cooking 5 different meals for the family while kids are about to roll into the octagon and hurt each other is crap.