COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Jpez

Down on the left!
My other daughter now has covid, and the friends she when to yayas last Thursday all have it too.
And a mates kid too.
These teens are doing a bang up job sharing the love.
Oh bugger.
Sitting in the children’s emergency ward on NYE we were positioned near a nurses station and just like on a plane when you’re bored shitless everything the nurses/flight attendants do becomes incredibly interesting we overheard them saying one patient in the cubicle next to us just tested positive and they couldn’t decide what to do because the sealed room designated for Covid patients on the other side of us already had someone in it. It’s very real and very much all around us.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
got to work today. opened the ol' email. First email i see from HR yesterday morning - Work from home if you can. FFS. An SMS rather than email to the work email during a public holiday would have been nice
Kirsty got a text from her work HR about that, I didn’t though. Not that I was planning on going in anyway…

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Mr Foley said authorities expected COVID-19 case numbers to increase exponentially. He warned that modelling discussed at national cabinet in December which predicted 200,000 cases a day in Australia by late January or early February, without low or medium restrictions, could even be “conservative in terms of the infectivity rates that we’re starting to see with Omicron”.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Kirsty got a text from her work HR about that, I didn’t though. Not that I was planning on going in anyway…
I wasn't, but changed my mind. I figured if i stay home and get told off it wouldnt be a good start to the year. My work has been really anal about this in that unless the govt has made the call, we would be working in the office. This WFH directive from our HR is out of character for the company.

Our operations 100% require staff in the office for some processing activities, so I guess they worked out that if we get to stupid case numbers, we are at risk on not being able to operate properly, which in my industry results in regulatory fines inside of the work day.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Got notification that mr 4 had a carer work while infected last Wed and one of his classmates is positive. We're sympton free but need the test for daycare work etc. Rat tests can't be had for love or money anywhere.

So we come to get tested at Frenchs Forest, one of only a handful of testing centres open at the moment on the Northern Beaches. We get here at 7.50am and the queue is 3 kms long down the road. I've seen similar scenes over the weekend at other testing centres in Mona Vale and Cromer.

I'm sure that the NSW Libs will cop a lot of blowback over this testing debacle. But Scomo is up for election first and has been on tv knocking back publicly distributed rat tests.

Given that this is a seat that Scomo desperately has to win at the next election, I'm now certain his goose is cooked.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I wasn't, but changed my mind. I figured if i stay home and get told off it wouldnt be a good start to the year. My work has been really anal about this in that unless the govt has made the call, we would be working in the office. This WFH directive from our HR is out of character for the company.

Our operations 100% require staff in the office for some processing activities, so I guess they worked out that if we get to stupid case numbers, we are at risk on not being able to operate properly, which in my industry results in regulatory fines inside of the work day.
Good grief - the reason I didnt get a text is because my department is still wanting people to come into the office, but Kirsty's department isn't...

FFS, at least some sort of consistency within the APS might be nice!

safreek

Ok, this is a for real question, why does Australia have around the same amount of covid cases per capita but nowhere near the same death rate as USA. Presuming they have more Delta than us

safreek

Don't worry folks, it's all fixed. We will soon have no cases.
Scatt Morrison will be pleased, his handling of this crisis is phenomenal. Bugger all cases means he has handled this perfectly.

Imagine the disaster if Labor would of had the reins;).
I thank the Lord for our savior

Minlak

custom titis
Ok, this is a for real question, why does Australia have around the same amount of covid cases per capita but nowhere near the same death rate as USA. Presuming they have more Delta than us
Funny answer - They have been shooting the Covid
Real answer it is their Winter and only 62% vaccination rate - Healthcare is not free over there I have seen some horrendous bills from USA that were generated for emergency health care (not elective surgery) - Larger population of lower socioeconomic regions with no access to even basic care - Co- morbidity factors are a huge influence on Covid death rates

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Only about 62% of the US is fully vaccinated.
Edit: Minlak beat me to it.