COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Haakon

Keeps on digging
"More infectious and resistant to vaccines". That's what we call a win-win right there. Good thing we've spent the last couple of years building a safe and efficient quarantine system just in case something totally unpredictable like this were to happen... (too much sarcasm?).
There is such a thing as too much sarcasm…? Huh.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) said B.1.1.529 had a spike protein that was dramatically different to the original coronavirus variant the vaccines were based on.

It said it had mutations that were likely to evade the immune response generated both by prior COVID-19 infection and vaccination.

Um...k
Which I thought they were going to call it 'Nu' but now we have 'Omicron'.

I'll bet 100% that the farquers at the WHO didn't want to call it 'Xi' which precedes Omicron in the Greek alphabet since it will upset and make lord Winnie the Pooh slam desks and pull funding.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Anti-vaxers were out in Canberra this afternoon. Son and I were walking through the park and he asked what the people with the flags were on about. Just told him it was white supremacism and idiots having a tantrum. He accepted that answer and we continued our walk home. Fortunately thanks to the concerted effort of so many scientists he should be able to get his shot soon.