COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Don't they just book you straight in for your second when you have your first? Here you get your jab and there's a little exit 'interview' where they seem to just have a range of options right around the three-week mark set up based on your initial booking.

Seems like a bit of a organisational fuckup?
Nah you have to book it online independently (or I missed the cue but if I did it was pretty subtle). Irritatingly the website physically won't let me select anything inside 6 weeks, so not sure what's going on there.

Anyway, now (re)booked in on 6th October for second jab in a hospital I've never heard of. Success!

CHEWY

Eats Squid
If anyone in Melbourne is trying to book a vaccination, keep refreshing the Vic gov booking page and as cancellations come up you can book one.
I've re-booked mine for this Monday and got my partner in for this Sunday.
Had the option a couple of times to get in the same day (people cancelling at the last minute).

slowmick

38-39"
I've certainly drunk more alcohol this year than any year after I left Rovers. Did start at 3pm one afternoon where the work I had to do was mind numbingly boring. It was like a compressor for the emotions - it took off all off the highs and lows. I can certainly see the appeal of doing it daily to get through this shit show.

moorey

call me Mia
They should start including the number of daily suicides and domestic assaults to really brighten everyone's day.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Every time people raise the SKYROCKETING suicide rates, I ask them to google that. It just isn't lining up. Goes up and down a little, but certainly not trending up.
Mental health, yes. Domestic assault, yes.
I understand you're kind of a big thing in govt stats? Am I looking at wrong suicide graphs?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Every time people raise the SKYROCKETING suicide rates, I ask them to google that. It just isn't lining up. Goes up and down a little, but certainly not trending up.
I understand you're kind of a big thing in govt stats? Am I looking at wrong suicide graphs?
I saw a similar article recently (can't find it now of course) using the AIHW stats and was surprised that the numbers are in line with other years.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
our data lags way behind -nearly a year behind today, can get almost none for this calendar year -our burocracy is poor at this; take our GDP numbers yesterday takes out nearly 2.5 months to get out a quarterly figure, so we are almost always a full cycle behind -china gets theirs out in 2 wks, so number is current

dont know how but some suicide data gets added 2 yrs after year it happened

moorey

call me Mia
our data lags way behind -nearly a year behind today, can get almost none for this calendar year -our burocracy is poor at this; take our GDP numbers yesterday takes out nearly 2.5 months to get out a quarterly figure, so we are almost always a full cycle behind -china gets theirs out in 2 wks, so number is current

dont know how but some suicide data gets added 2 yrs after year it happened
Did you look at the link? I disagree.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
I started charting it for VIC last year after my bro was getting super wound up about it. Vic data is kept up to date relatively well. As you can see, it tracks basically unchanged from previous years. I'm happy to share my excel sheet with anyone who wants to check my method for calculating the estimates or that want to delve deeper into the stats.
(Helped a bit with my brother, but he was still a bit like "gov fudges the numbers" :rolleyes: )

Edit***
Data taken from here: https://www.bdm.vic.gov.au/research.../death-statistics/deaths-registered-per-month

moorey

call me Mia
I started charting it for VIC last year after my bro was getting super wound up about it. Vic data is kept up to date relatively well. As you can see, it tracks basically unchanged from previous years. I'm happy to share my excel sheet with anyone who wants to check my method for calculating the estimates or that want to delve deeper into the stats.
(Helped a bit with my brother, but he was still a bit like "gov fudges the numbers" :rolleyes: )

View attachment 379660
Edit***
Data taken from here: https://www.bdm.vic.gov.au/research.../death-statistics/deaths-registered-per-month
Nice work there mate. I hope you aren’t tracking the conversations going off topic with such diligence? :oops:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The NSW suicide stats lag because they rely on stats from the coroner. I can't remember the exact details but suicides often end up in inquests and inquiries. Because we don't have dedicated coroner magistrates, findings are backed up the kazoo. So we won't have accurate stats for some years.

Anecdotally, I've got friends who work as psychs, shrinks and counselers and they are all very very worried about their patients.

moorey

call me Mia
The NSW suicide stats lag because they rely on stats from the coroner. I can't remember the exact details but suicides often end up in inquests and inquiries. Because we don't have dedicated coroner magistrates, findings are backed up the kazoo. So we won't have accurate stats for some years.

Anecdotally, I've got friends who work as psychs, shrinks and counselers and they are all very very worried about their patients.

Vic numbers are pretty well known, and up to date in my industry, and anecdotally, they correlate.
No argument on mental health and domestic violence though.
The former, anecdotally.
The latter directly involves my work, and is worrying.

Minlak

custom titis
It is looking like a real chance of QLD joining the lockdown list in the very near future.

Family Travelled from Melbourne through back roads - currently refuse to be tested at all - truck driver active for 5 days in the community tests positive

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches

View attachment 379660
Edit***
Looks like someone's getting drafted to help with next years 'Celebrity Death Pool'