COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Serious question. My better half is encouraging me to sneak down to my usual trails (25 kms away) for a ride, no popping into the coffee shop or anything. We have had one solitary case in our lga, there is nada near the trails. I'm wfh, double vaxed, and wear my mask whenever out.
I feel bad for even contemplating it...but....
All I will say is Rotorburn strava indicates people say one thing and do another...
You might find the 5km dropped if you are in Vic..

dazz

Downhill Dazz
I still got a yellow dot the size of a 10c coin at the site of Pfizer #2 from over 2 weeks ago.

That girl really slammed it in... I was still pulling my jumper down when she opportunistically stabbed me :oops:
Yeah, I reckon how vicious the jab is has a lot to do with it. I ham it up a bit (slight needle phobia) and nurse was very gentle with my 2nd jab, no lasting dot, barely any bruising. Did have the lymph nodes in my left armpit blow up for a few days which was a bit uncomfortable but yeah nothing to complain about.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Yeah, I reckon how vicious the jab is has a lot to do with it. I ham it up a bit (slight needle phobia) and nurse was very gentle with my 2nd jab, no lasting dot, barely any bruising. Did have the lymph nodes in my left armpit blow up for a few days which was a bit uncomfortable but yeah nothing to complain about.
Agreed @dazz. When I was pregnant with child #2 I was given the whooping cough vaccine by a very exuberant doctor, who jammed the needle into the sinew where arm meets shoulder instead of the fleshy upper arm bit. It hurt for about 8 weeks. I couldn't lift my arm further than 45° from my body.
Every other vaccine I've had was done by a nurse and has not been a problem (aside from the expected usual immune response)

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Jeez you guys got off easy if a sore arm is the worst reaction.

danncam

Likes Dirt
Agreed @dazz. When I was pregnant with child #2 I was given the whooping cough vaccine by a very exuberant doctor, who jammed the needle into the sinew where arm meets shoulder instead of the fleshy upper arm bit. It hurt for about 8 weeks. I couldn't lift my arm further than 45° from my body.
Every other vaccine I've had was done by a nurse and has not been a problem (aside from the expected usual immune response)
I've always prefered a nurse to do a jab for blood or injection as they should be more experienced and caring, except many nurses no longer do routine IM jabs. (I can say this as an ex-CCU RN. Not to boast ;) but I did successfully cannulate an obese cardiogenic shock patient who was in VF undergoing CPR once..just saying).

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
I've always prefered a nurse to do a jab for blood or injection as they should be more experienced and caring, except many nurses no longer do routine IM jabs. (I can say this as an ex-CCU RN. Not to boast ;) but I did successfully cannulate an obese cardiogenic shock patient who was in VF undergoing CPR once..just saying).
Best jabs I’ve ever had are from West Australians that look like they’d be pretty familiar with needles, and other implements…

danncam

Likes Dirt
10kms...when Vic reachs 70% first vax. This will drag on forever. And if they do decide to make the 'Ninch regional I will miss out by 1km, stuck in Metro purgatory paying for north of the Yarra's sins

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
but I did successfully cannulate an obese cardiogenic shock patient
some nurses have the touch of an angel for needles, but the worst was one who insisted she could get a bent and notched canula that had come out a bit back in like a frayed gear cable through an outer. only time i've ever tried to actively avoid calling for assistance when she was on duty

stoff

Likes Dirt
10kms...when Vic reachs 70% first vax. This will drag on forever. And if they do decide to make the 'Ninch regional I will miss out by 1km, stuck in Metro purgatory paying for north of the Yarra's sins
Screw the Mornington Peninsula. We have no cases, no exposure sites and river borders that can be barricaded (albeit a couple of those are on trails in Plenty Gorge). Free Nillumbik!

Jpez

Down on the left!
I wasn't joking.

Is the 70% vaccinated by 23/9 requirement a bit of a threat? It seems like a kind of a threat.
I read it that way. If that’s what it takes then so be it. But being grounded whilst that happens doesn’t sit well with me.