COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

danncam

Likes Dirt
Serious question. My better half is encouraging me to sneak down to my usual trails (25 kms away) for a ride, no popping into the coffee shop or anything. We have had one solitary case in our lga, there is nada near the trails. I'm wfh, double vaxed, and wear my mask whenever out.
I feel bad for even contemplating it...but....

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
older kids school had a practice of starting the next school year in term 4 for many years, figuring the 4 terms was better spent in year 12. now they've got to cater for those kids on hold with the HCS not planned for a couple of months now. those kids would normally be home, studying and doing exams but now they need to keep them on a slow boil to whenever the exams happen so its changing plans across the school

i recall the HSC and to a slightly lesser extend the regular uni exams being far more stressful than working life. partly the significant nature of it and partly being young and less able to manage stress. dragging it on like this for months must suck. also feel for the teachers, some kids are doing IB which seems to be proceeding on pretty much normal schedule so they're managing extra and different workloads in lots of areas.,

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Vic up to 120…..coming for you, NSW.
There goes the expectation of easing of lockdown.
As far as I’m aware, they’re still easing some of the restrictions as a lot of the positives are due to Day 13 tests from the Shepparton cluster.

So far, it’s expected that the 5km limit is supposed to be extended and playgrounds are going to be re-opened so not only can I enjoy a cheeky afternoon bottle of Tawny down the local swings, I can hit up the ones in Cowes too.

moorey

call me Mia
As far as I’m aware, they’re still easing some of the restrictions as a lot of the positives are due to Day 13 tests from the Shepparton cluster.

So far, it’s expected that the 5km limit is supposed to be extended and playgrounds are going to be re-opened so not only can I enjoy a cheeky afternoon bottle of Tawny down the local swings, I can hit up the ones in Cowes too.
Hoping so. Not for me, but most vics I know are at the point of throwing in the towel at this point.
You don’t mind suffering so much if you see the benefits.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Hoping so. Not for me, but most vics I know are at the point of throwing in the towel at this point.
You don’t mind suffering so much if you see the benefits.
Sounds like they’re keeping the curfew in place though and there’s been no word about regional VIC yet which is annoying. Still rumour and insider gossip at this stage though so we’ll see what happens.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Sounds like they’re keeping the curfew in place though and there’s been no word about regional VIC yet which is annoying. Still rumour and insider gossip at this stage though so we’ll see what happens.
I hope they keep regional locked down. HARD! Tom Gleeson style! Misery loves company and it sucks hard when the country peeps get let out and start posting their rides all over social media. Bad enough that @moorey boasts about his home trails 87 times a day here!
yeah. Keep those buggers locked down. HARD!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Serious question. My better half is encouraging me to sneak down to my usual trails (25 kms away) for a ride, no popping into the coffee shop or anything. We have had one solitary case in our lga, there is nada near the trails. I'm wfh, double vaxed, and wear my mask whenever out.
I feel bad for even contemplating it...but....
I think deep down inside you already know the answer. It is an unpleasant one, but it's the right thing to do.

Day after getting AZ and only side effect is a slightly sore shoulder muscle around the injection site. Sweet.
A fellow I work with was all vaxed up months ago, lots of months. He still has a mark on his arm from the last one that is about 2mm in diameter. It's real odd. But hey...he might be at home every night sticking a pin it for all I know.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
A fellow I work with was all vaxed up months ago, lots of months. He still has a mark on his arm from the last one that is about 2mm in diameter. It's real odd.
I still got a yellow dot the size of a 10c coin at the site of Pfizer #2 from over 2 weeks ago.

That girl really slammed it in... I was still pulling my jumper down when she opportunistically stabbed me :oops: