COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The new rules affect the eight Sydney local government areas (LGAs) where the spread of COVID-19 is most pronounced.

From 12:01am tomorrow, residents in Georges River, Parramatta, Blacktown, Cumberland, Canterbury-Bankstown, Fairfield, Liverpool and Campbelltown must:
  • Wear a mask whenever they leave their homes, regardless of proximity to others
  • Not travel more than 5km from home for shopping, unless the goods are not available in their local area
  • Not travel more than 5km from their home to exercise or take part in a "singles bubble"
The new rules are due to a continuing high rate of transmission in workplaces, homes and health care settings, the Premier said.

"The numbers will keep going up until we change things.

Police Commissioner Mick Fuller sought extra powers for police to ensure compliance in the eight LGA's, and says thousands of extra police will be out to enforce the new rules.

"We know that the numbers are too high today. We all want to come out of lockdown. These new powers, the additional police into these areas, is about getting us out of lockdown sooner," he said.

The fine for not wearing a mask has been increased from $200 to $500.

"These harsh measures are the harshest Australia has ever faced in a lock down — can I make that very clear."
Harshest ? The Pizzagate flare up seen the whole of SA not even allowed to leave home for exercise.

Our recent lockdown was 2.5km radius for exercise... if these are the 'Most Pronounced' corona hotspots in NSW, shut the place down properly.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
If the response was properly data driven then things would be a lot different.
hmmm somewhat. maybe. probably. who knows.

Context - I work with data every day and i can tell you these things about data:
  • if sources of data are are inconsistent, the outcomes will be inconsistent
  • if the sources are actually consistent, the interpretation can be inconsistent too
  • unless the data is sourced, categories and managed centrally, the outcomes will likely always be inconsistent.
Companies pay big bucks to have knowledgeable individuals (data scientists and engineers) to build systems that collect, parse and output consumable information in a consistent way.

With the above points in mind, we've not heard about how states are collecting or analysing the data that they use to make their decisions. Its safe to assume that they are all sourcing inconsistently and probably constantly in disagreement about what it means
I agree and I started to go into more detail but decided it would be a rabbit hole of dealing with each Item. The concept I've thought about is to announce a date to work towards starting. Let's say we do it globally and the world has 12 weeks to prepare. Essential services are required to live and work on or near site with strict rules and regulations. They would work similar to FIFO mining workers where they live and work with their shift, even if it is just the supermarket up the road packing food for delivery. At the end of their 2 week shift they can go home to their families for 2 weeks if the onsite covid detection team has been able to test and find that no one is contagious. Open up a lottery system for people to stay in fancy accomodation provided they can be self sufficient there. Half allocated to people in need of better living than their current situation, the other for people to pay for. All essential purchasing or repairs for individuals is booked through a central team that assesses its importance and organises it from their work at home... Governments give their citizens a lockdown grant to buy essential things and stock up in the 12 weeks.

You get the idea, instead of a snap lockdown immediately it is a well prepared lockdown that everyone can prepare for and is supported for so that things can be looked after. Of course it wouldn't happen as there would be too much argument, but in the perfect world...
We can't get a single LGA to comply fully. There is zero chance, despite best intentions on getting a world population complying to ANYTHING.

If it were that easy, there would be no war, famine, poverty etc.

LPG

likes thicc birds
hmmm somewhat. maybe. probably. who knows.

Context - I work with data every day and i can tell you these things about data:
  • if sources of data are are inconsistent, the outcomes will be inconsistent
  • if the sources are actually consistent, the interpretation can be inconsistent too
  • unless the data is sourced, categories and managed centrally, the outcomes will likely always be inconsistent.
Companies pay big bucks to have knowledgeable individuals (data scientists and engineers) to build systems that collect, parse and output consumable information in a consistent way.

With the above points in mind, we've not heard about how states are collecting or analysing the data that they use to make their decisions. Its safe to assume that they are all sourcing inconsistently and probably constantly in disagreement about what it means
We can't get a single LGA to comply fully. There is zero chance, despite best intentions on getting a world population complying to ANYTHING.

If it were that easy, there would be no war, famine, poverty etc.
I agree, no chance. The discussion started with me musing that if everyone worked together we would be fine and it would be sorted quickly but this doesn't happen. Just like every big argument, people can't work together and the whole world suffers.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Harshest ? The Pizzagate flare up seen the whole of SA not even allowed to leave home for exercise.

Our recent lockdown was 2.5km radius for exercise... if these are the 'Most Pronounced' corona hotspots in NSW, shut the place down properly.
Yep, and too complicated. Lock the whole of Sydney down with the same regulations. This LGA stuff won't work, contact tracers will be completely overwhelmed before too long (if not already) and the whole shitshow will really start.

ozzybmx

Yep, and too complicated. Lock the whole of Sydney down with the same regulations.
Its unbelievable !

These are the hottest of hot Vid hotspots in the country... in our biggest city, surrounded by other suburbs and you can still travel 5km for a root.

WTF is going on NSW.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Lawyer of horse manhandler said:
"Essentially, they're giving a 14-day pass to lock people up and put them in isolation in circumstances where perhaps they don't even have a criminal history that would warrant such conduct," Mr Nikolic said.

"It's a sad day that we need to do this in Australia."
Fuck off, it makes me super happy. Get tested or suffer you stupid chunt.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Scotty from Marketing: "It's not a race"

Also Scotty from Marketing:

View attachment 378194

What a fucking dunce.
Ha...boss was asking me today about getting vaccinated.

When is your second vaccination?

I won't have the first done until 9/8.

Did you use the industry link I sent you?

Yep.

For the industry hub, in town here?

Yep.

What a fucking joke! We'll all have our second before you get the first...

Yep.

when is your second shot?

i can't apply for it until I get the first.

shit...

Tha ScoMo bloke though...he is a top sort and we
FFS….no words. :(
It's a race! And we are winning...we are winners! Gold Gold GOLD for Gladys! NSW is pretty lucky we didn't need to shut down.
Its unbelievable !

These are the hottest of hot Vid hotspots in the country... in our biggest city, surrounded by other suburbs and you can still travel 5km for a root.

WTF is going on NSW.
Only 5km? You can still fly out of Sydney to North NSW and then cruise into Qld while infected to score a fuck! Why only restrict yourself to 5km?

ozzybmx

What a fucking joke! We'll all have our second before you get the first...
Go on HotDoc.

I had my second booked for the 30th Aug but I have a training day the next day and dont want to be feeling dusty.

Went on this morning, rebooked for the 16th Aug and that's at a clinic 1km away from me.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
and the NSW government celebrated every problem that popped up in Vic and slammed the lockdowns....
And so did that cock snap in WA and that buffering idiot in QLD (who belong to the same party btw). Even that prancy tosser from SA joined in.. The whole country locked Vic out and kicked it in the guts like we were a lepers and the interstate/fed pollies leveraged it politically, especially the one’s with elections..
this is definitely a health crisis of political origins
They are all.. NSW gov believed their own hype and stuffed it.. Vic gov was incompetent and got found out.. Fed gov was utterly incompetent sourcing vaccines and stuffing up quarantine..

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Go on HotDoc.
Funny story...not really, but I saw you kids talking about this the the day so I looked and fuck me if Newcastle had anything for me. The best info I could find was a short list of doctors that didn't do the vaccination, doctors who weren't taking new patients, and a couple of call to find out if they have any spaces...mixed in with a bunch of no appointment available.

Add in that I have a bunch of family and friends who all work at the big local hospital that was doing the vaccinations, a few of whom offered to get me slipped in via a friend working in the vaccination area etc (they always have people by turn up and they'll do you instead...you just need to wait around at the hospital for a few hours. Hmmmmm).

We now have a mega vaccination centre that just opened which is going to do thousands of people a week. It is a fair drive from my place, and public transport to it is indescribable.

On the other hand is the industry hub...a little under 2km from my house. Oh well only 11 days to go.