COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
ohh its fucking awesome, why didn't we freak out like this when SARS arrived. Geezus.... chill out everyone. People like me and my work and businesses that need PPE like P2 dust masks cant fucking buy because simple dumb public dickweeds are going into freak mode and buying up bulk. Just go to any bunnings and the fugging shelves are empty of every type of mask. I have tried 4 suppliers in the last 2 weeks that I normally purchase bulk quantities off and they are all out.
yeah ... its cool cause maybe Uni will shut down for a few months ;););)
This has killed far more people that SARS. It has the potential to be similar to the Spanish flu due to its transmissibility.

You fucking bet I've got a couple of boxes of masks in my joint (one box had already been in use because of the bushfires...).

As I was writing that the news broke on my TV screen that the 5th case has been detected in Sydney.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I have purposely stopped Chi orders for the meantime... don't know whether I'm being silly but thinking it's a good idea to not invite the fox in to the chicken coop.

Dont know much about Covid-19 and halflife shit, but better safe than sorry.
You importing people?

binner

Hath shat hymself
This has killed far more people that SARS. It has the potential to be similar to the Spanish flu due to its transmissibility.

You fucking bet I've got a couple of boxes of masks in my joint (one box had already been in use because of the bushfires...).

As I was writing that the news broke on my TV screen that the 5th case has been detected in Sydney.
P1 or P2's?.... you better rush in and buy a full recirculating suit, then when your done with using it you can respray your bike frames in 2K........ :p;)

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
It has like a 2 percent fatality rate, about 10 percent get major symptoms, the rest get the sniffles. No more contagious than influenza. Media is driving a scare campaign because there's fuck all else going on. Some people just enjoy being panicked so they'll panic. Masks don't do shit, you're just wasting products that are useful to others.

moorey

call me Mia
There a vaccine for the flu...

On average, every infected person infects 2 people. It has the potential in some countries to kill 10’s of thousands of people.

I’m not saying we should all panic, but I don’t think we should dismiss it as relatively harmless just yet.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I'd rather listen to WHO than you (hey that rhymes!):

Claim: ‘It is no more dangerous than winter flu’
Many individuals who get coronavirus will experience nothing worse than seasonal flu symptoms, but the overall profile of the disease, including its mortality rate, looks more serious. At the start of an outbreak the apparent mortality rate can be an overestimate if a lot of mild cases are being missed. But this week, a WHO expert suggested that this has not been the case with Covid-19. Bruce Aylward, who led an international mission to China to learn about the virus and the country’s response, said the evidence did not suggest that we were only seeing the tip of the iceberg. If borne out by further testing, this could mean that current estimates of a roughly 1% fatality rate are accurate. This would make Covid-19 about 10 times more deadly than seasonal flu, which is estimated to kill between 290,000 and 650,000 people a year globally.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
As a percentage of cases that have gone full term fatalities care 7%. There is no point calculating based on numbers including those who are still infected.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
It has like a 2 percent fatality rate, about 10 percent get major symptoms, the rest get the sniffles. No more contagious than influenza. Media is driving a scare campaign because there's fuck all else going on. Some people just enjoy being panicked so they'll panic. Masks don't do shit, you're just wasting products that are useful to others.
This post has so many layers of inaccuracy and ignorance it in it, it's frustrating.

Spanish flu had 2.5% mortality rate and it killed 50 million people world wide over 2 years. Flu has vaccines, corona viruses do not. There is a lot known about the flu, there is little known about this virus (you know, "novel virus").

And nothing going on in the world?! Do you read the news?!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I went to grab some P2 masks last week. $189 for 10. WTF? Suppliers are gouging say the retailers. Fuck it I will go naked. People who think P1 or 2 masks will protect them from wet virus shit are brain dead. Your own breath kills these things. Ah well.
Ah, all information I have, which has also been on the box, was that the P2 masks are N95, which protects against aerosols. You have different information?