COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
That doesn’t mean that they’re automatically recorded as a Covid death. Awaiting the citation though, and happy to be corrected.
He just said that it gets recorded that they've had the vaccine (and therefore probably highlighted) - which would be due process.
I'm not seeing anywhere where Kerplunk has claimed that it's recorded specifically as a COVID death.

In fact, from earlier in the thread:

Vaccines were/are given to people with life expectancy of less than 6 months and/or with terminal illnesses ie in nursing homes, hospitals etc.. That fact they died within 2 weeks has to be noted as with any vaccine.. Very different to the AZ reaction which has an established link.. So 335 deaths are definitely not “attributed in some way” to the vaccines.. This selective data is often posted by the “christ’s blood is my vaccine” crowd..

Go get some sleep, @moorey!

moorey

call me Mia
He just said that it gets recorded that they've had the vaccine (and therefore probably highlighted) - which would be due process.
I'm not seeing anywhere where Kerplunk has claimed that it's recorded specifically as a COVID death.

In fact, from earlier in the thread:

Go get some sleep, @moorey!
I read it as recorded as a Covid death. Re-read it. Still does.
Doesn’t make sense any other way, just saying they record they had a vaccine. Of course they do.
That’s my reading.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
You appear to be missing the point. It is a fundamentally misguided waste of resources to prioritise vaccines to people who have minimal community exposure, and more to the point are from a medical viewpoint, already in the irreversible process of dying!

A much more effective vaccination strategy would target the most socially-mobile age groups, not those already in the Grim Reaper's waiting room.
Jesus Christ, that's cold! Someone sounds like they're holding onto a grudge because Nana was always buying them socks at Christmas!

The problem I can see with that approach is that it is so much harder to effectively vaccinate your socially-mobile age groups. They're in greater numbers and are widespread across the land, some of them punching horses and shit. Also when they do catch COVID they don't tend to die in large numbers creating a massive political shitstorm.

It's much easier to get the ones who are most at risk of giving you some really nasty statistics for your re-election campaign as they're usually sitting around in care homes, playing bingo and swinging and whatnot.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I read it as recorded as a Covid death. Re-read it. Still does.
Doesn’t make sense any other way, just saying they record they had a vaccine. Of course they do.
That’s my reading.
Even the bit I highlighted in red where Kerplunk specifically says that the 335 deaths (where a COVID vaccine is recorded as having been administered) are definitely NOT attributed in some way to the vaccines?

Well, you can lead a horse to water...

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Their vulnerability makes them a priority. Doesn’t mean they should be at more risk of a horrific Covid death, and putting additional strain on hospitals.
Really? Vulnerable to what?? The extract from Kerplunk's post specifically related to people with less than six months life expectancy, and those with terminal disease: they are already in the process of dying, and vaccination won't change that. For the record, I also agree with euthanasia, but that's for another topic. ;)
I didn’t think you were planning to get the vax? My bad.
I've said I'm in no hurry for it, but haven't flatly refused the possible eventuality. But my natural habit is to avoid people, so exposure risk is relatively low.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wouldnt a lot of those terminal cases be in close proximity to a lot of other elderly who are far more vulnerable. May not affect their own life expectancy much but could save others.

My dumb confession for the week. Ive been doing all the shopping runs during lockdown. Asked my wife if she wanted to do one to get out since id been getting all that space. Yeah dumbass, cos your the only one vaccinated.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Jesus Christ, that's cold! Someone sounds like they're holding onto a grudge because Nana was always buying them socks at Christmas!
No, my nana (on Santa's behalf) gave me lots of cool Lego stuff, so no grudge. :) As others here likely have, I've had loved ones go through extended illness before finally passing, and it's pretty well sucked for everyone around for months on end, and if anything been more of a relief when it's ended than anything else. I've also had others go quickly, and while a shock at the time generally doesn't seem to pack the stress of an extended process. I know which way I want to go when the time comes - it won't be the long one!

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Wouldnt a lot of those terminal cases be in close proximity to a lot of other elderly who are far more vulnerable. May not affect their own life expectancy much but could save others.
That would be my expectation. They may be in aged care, or hospital, so need to be vaccinated, as the main point of vaccination is to stop the virus spreading, especially in these most vulnerable settings.
Not rocket science really.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Really? Vulnerable to what?? The extract from Kerplunk's post specifically related to people with less than six months life expectancy, and those with terminal disease: they are already in the process of dying, and vaccination won't change that. For the record, I also agree with euthanasia, but that's for another topic. ;) I've said I'm in no hurry for it, but haven't flatly refused the possible eventuality. But my natural habit is to avoid people, so exposure risk is relatively low.
Co-morbidities.
I value life at all it’s stages. Even 29” riders.

moorey

call me Mia
Even the bit I highlighted in red where Kerplunk specifically says that the 335 deaths (where a COVID vaccine is recorded as having been administered) are definitely NOT attributed in some way to the vaccines?

Well, you can lead a horse to water...
And as I said, I read that as the deaths being recorded as Covid deaths, wasn’t meaning as being attributed to the vaccine.
I missed earlier context.
I may be a little hyper vigilant after talking to family members and reading what flog mates are posting on social media.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
*citation needed. That sounds like conspiracy shite to me
That doesn’t mean that they’re automatically recorded as a Covid death. Awaiting the citation though, and happy to be corrected.
Jesus don’t put me in the conspiracy camp.. Read my first post they are not counted as a covid death.. They counted as a death that happened after a vaccine was given. As pint pointed out standard reporting practice for the tga..

The spreading of the 335 deaths is what the conspiracy and anitvax do, claiming all those deaths are vaccine related. Which is complete bullshit..

Here is what the tga actually said vs what you see spread online;

“The TGA has received and reviewed 335 reports of deaths in people who have recently been vaccinated and found that two were definitely linked to vaccination. These were both TTS cases related to the AstraZeneca vaccine.”

And here is the citation you wanted..

“Large scale vaccination means that coincidentally some people will experience a new illness or die shortly after vaccination. The TGA reviews all deaths reported in people who have received the vaccination and monitors signals that may relate to vaccine safety to distinguish between coincidental events and possible side effects of the vaccine. Part of our analysis includes comparing natural expected death rates with observed death rates following immunisation. So far, the observed number of deaths reported after vaccination remains less than the expected number of deaths that would occur naturally, or from other causes, for that proportion of the population. “

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
In other words.....

will those of you who are playing in the match this afternoon move your clothes down onto the lower peg immediately after lunch, before you write your letter home, if you're not getting your hair cut, unless you've got a younger brother who is going out this weekend as the guest of another boy, in which case, collect his note before lunch, put it in your letter after you've had your hair cut, and make sure he moves your clothes down onto the lower peg for you.

moorey

call me Mia
Jesus don’t put me in the conspiracy camp.. Read my first post they are not counted as a covid death.. They counted as a death that happened after a vaccine was given. As pint pointed out standard reporting practice for the tga..

The spreading of the 335 deaths is what the conspiracy and anitvax do, claiming all those deaths are vaccine related. Which is complete bullshit..

Here is what the tga actually said vs what you see spread online;

“The TGA has received and reviewed 335 reports of deaths in people who have recently been vaccinated and found that two were definitely linked to vaccination. These were both TTS cases related to the AstraZeneca vaccine.”

And here is the citation you wanted..

“Large scale vaccination means that coincidentally some people will experience a new illness or die shortly after vaccination. The TGA reviews all deaths reported in people who have received the vaccination and monitors signals that may relate to vaccine safety to distinguish between coincidental events and possible side effects of the vaccine. Part of our analysis includes comparing natural expected death rates with observed death rates following immunisation. So far, the observed number of deaths reported after vaccination remains less than the expected number of deaths that would occur naturally, or from other causes, for that proportion of the population. “

Fark, I already said I misread your post due to missing context.

Flow-Rider

Burner

The problem I can see with that approach is that it is so much harder to effectively vaccinate your socially-mobile age groups. They're in greater numbers and are widespread across the land, some of them punching horses and shit. Also when they do catch COVID they don't tend to die in large numbers creating a massive political shitstorm.

It's much easier to get the ones who are most at risk of giving you some really nasty statistics for your re-election campaign as they're usually sitting around in care homes, playing bingo and swinging and whatnot.
They do have mobile vaccination clinics that turn up to social sporting venues.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In other words.....

will those of you who are playing in the match this afternoon move your clothes down onto the lower peg immediately after lunch, before you write your letter home, if you're not getting your hair cut, unless you've got a younger brother who is going out this weekend as the guest of another boy, in which case, collect his note before lunch, put it in your letter after you've had your hair cut, and make sure he moves your clothes down onto the lower peg for you.
" The man who came to dinner "
- rather sad footnote relating to WW2 Bomber crews , you may be the replacement , have dinner , fly a mission early next morning and not return .