Cordless vac, what's the whack

safreek

I am thinking about going digital with backpack work vacuums and was wondering if any of you have any experience with commercial grade ones.
Seems like a grand is a starting point so am looking at that price range,. Being a Luddite I have no idea of volts and amps for batteries, I assume the more the better.

I have a Dyson stick vac at home and the amount of vacuuming I get out of it is pathetic. I need something that will run for 3 or 4 hours. Is this just fantasy.

Thanks

safreek

I imagine battery life would be shit like with most high current draw cordless tools. Stick to using your clients power outlets.
Yeah, that's the impression I get. They talk 45 min per charge,vwith the recharge time of 2 hours. Pretty shit.
Pay three times the amount for more hassles.
No wonder these things aren't becoming popular.
Thanks

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Dyson battery packs are utter garbage.

The ebike manufacturers have modelled their activities off Dyson.

Cells aren’t matched. The best analogy would be 8 horses pulling a wagon, ones got a busted leg.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I used to do cleaning of commercial buildings and offices for a few years as part time job when I was younger.

The 240Vac corded backpack commercial vacuums are super to get around quickly but the longest cord you can join together is the ticket. Cords to drive you nuts but there is no shortage of sucky power there.

No idea about the battery ones. I have tried to avoid battery powered thingys here mainly since I know I'll forget to charge it :D

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I’ve fixed a cordless backpack, think it was Pullman. Battery pack has a claimed 1 hour runtime, and is also shit. Approx 250Wh pack from memory, with LG cells. I was replacing a damaged connector, they were using Neutrik SpeakerCon connectors and mangled one.

Isn’t it a rite of passage to have to deal with big long extension cords, and to watch someone wind it around their arm until it looks like grandmas phones curly cord from 1982?

The makita ones might be ok? $989, 40 min run time off TWO 6Ah batteries, spare 6AH batteries are $190 each. Lotta money. Batteries are toast at 500 charge/discharge cycles.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I’ve fixed a cordless backpack, think it was Pullman. Battery pack has a claimed 1 hour runtime, and is also shit. Approx 250Wh pack from memory, with LG cells. I was replacing a damaged connector, they were using Neutrik SpeakerCon connectors and mangled one.

Isn’t it a rite of passage to have to deal with big long extension cords, and to watch someone wind it around their arm until it looks like grandmas phones curly cord from 1982?

The makita ones might be ok? $989, 40 min run time off TWO 6Ah batteries, spare 6AH batteries are $190 each. Lotta money. Batteries are toast at 500 charge/discharge cycles.

A bit misleading of them quoting a Max 40min run time off 2x 6.0ah batteries when the unit comes with 5.0ah batteries though isn't it...pricks.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
OK, we had to vacuum a shite load of cows in the middle of butt fwark no where and ended up using a matika system due to the avaliabilty of the battery packs.... we could get shite loads of batteries.. charge them up, run into the field and just vacuum those cows..... run out of charge, just drop another battery pack in...... had to modify the shite out of the sucky end to get what we wanted... but they worked really well.. The ones we bought had two battery packs per backpack vacuum thingy.....

{18-Volt X2 LXT Lithium-Ion (36-Volt) Brushless Cordless 1/2 Gal. HEPA Filter Backpack Dry Vacuum Kit, 5.0Ah } - google that for what we used.

Why yes, we are replying to a question about battery vacuum cleaners by telling everyone one we were sucking off cows on a mountain bike website.......

we went to the sydney royal easter show to check out cow vacuuming..... learnt so much..... and the people who are doing the cow showing were really fwarking nice... like, two shite head scientists asking the weirdest questions about vacuuming cows... they just took that shite in and helped us.... no one chased us off, everyone helped... If you go to the Royal Easter show, go to the animal bits and ask the strangest f*cking questions.... Country people rule...

Last edited:

safreek

Got to say, cost of batteries are the main drama to me. 500 cycles seems a bit sucky

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
OK, we had to vacuum a shite load of cows in the middle of butt fwark no where and ended up using a matika system due to the avaliabilty of the battery packs.... we could get shite loads of batteries.. charge them up, run into the field and just vacuum those cows..... run out of charge, just drop another battery pack in...... had to modify the shite out of the sucky end to get what we wanted... but they worked really well.. The ones we bought had two battery packs per backpack vacuum thingy.....

{18-Volt X2 LXT Lithium-Ion (36-Volt) Brushless Cordless 1/2 Gal. HEPA Filter Backpack Dry Vacuum Kit, 5.0Ah } - google that for what we used.

Why yes, we are replying to a question about battery vacuum cleaners by telling everyone one we were sucking off cows on a mountain bike website.......

we went to the sydney royal easter show to check out cow vacuuming..... learnt so much..... and the people who are doing the cow showing were really fwarking nice... like, two shite head scientists asking the weirdest questions about vacuuming cows... they just took that shite in and helped us.... no one chased us off, everyone helped... If you go to the Royal Easter show, go to the animal bits and ask the strangest f*cking questions.... Country people rule...

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
So its a thing, where you cleaning cows or collecting cow jizz to make baby cows?

here's one of the meat socks pics to add to the vast images of cows being vacuummed .. vacuuming cows aint that unusual... well, in some circles.... The cow biome is freakn interesting.. and currently, would love to tell more.. but, patents and shite..... However, in the meatsacks very early looking for work times... we did do an interview with a company that did milk the bullz...as cows dont have the jizz (you can PM Pink Poodle for more info) ..... for all the bull jizz and they had some major liquid nitorgen tanks for storage of bull jizz and showed the young piglet some jizz collection,.... well, stuff...... and the price of good bull jizz.... well, save those socks young man....

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

here's one of the meat socks pics to add to the vast images of cows being vacuummed .. vacuuming cows aint that unusual... well, in some circles.... The cow biome is freakn interesting.. and currently, would love to tell more.. but, patents and shite..... However, in the meatsacks very early looking for work times... we did do an interview with a company that did milk the bullz...as cows dont have the jizz (you can PM Pink Poodle for more info) ..... for all the bull jizz and they had some major liquid nitorgen tanks for storage of bull jizz and showed the young piglet some jizz collection,.... well, stuff...... and the price of good bull jizz.... well, save those socks young man....
Well there you go. Yes Bulls with the jizz. Silly me. Would those vast tanks pay for boutique bikes?

Wait until you hear about how you deploy the jizz to make the baby cows.
Vacuum cleaner in reverse?