Confessions from the fuckwits

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
It has been 24 days since my last confession...

Laced up a front wheel, it was going so well. I had tensioned the spokes up to a point, ready to start truing. I thought it looked a little off centre, so I checked the dish. It was waaaaaay out.

Then I remembered something that I didn't notice as I was setting up... I put the shorter spokes on the right side, and the longer spokes on the left side of a front disc hub and laced it up that way.

So now I need to pull it all apart, make sure I put the correct spokes in the correct spot and lace it up correctly.

No pressure, future Canary, no pressure.

Isildur

The Real Pedant

Laced up a front wheel, it was going so well. I had tensioned the spokes up to a point, ready to start truing. I thought it looked a little off centre, so I checked the dish. It was waaaaaay out.

Then I remembered something that I didn't notice as I was setting up... I put the shorter spokes on the right side, and the longer spokes on the left side of a front disc hub and laced it up that way.

So now I need to pull it all apart, make sure I put the correct spokes in the correct spot and lace it up correctly.

I feel for you.

I did that once on a carbon wheel I built up, everything pretensioned and ready for the final nip up, then checked the dish and proceeded to grab some beers and settle in for a much longer build than anticipated!

teK--

Eats Squid

mate just lace your back wheel with the spokes on wrong side as well.

then both wheels should counter steer each other

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I did that once on a carbon wheel I built up
Its the most disheartening feeling in the world.

Not only do you have to rebuild the wheel... but you have to take apart your fuck up very carefully to reuse all components.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse

I have totally never ever done that myself....

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Hey you lot, it is fine as long as it doesn't have to roll.

Anyhow, I can firmly blame Schwalbe for this fiasco. If it didn't have a slight hump then it would be passable.

Checking the tyre stash shows a few 2.4s which might not work as a 2.35 replacement :) A 2.25 Rocket Ron or Vertical might have to save the day.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Hey you lot, it is fine as long as it doesn't have to roll.

Anyhow, I can firmly blame Schwalbe for this fiasco. If it didn't have a slight hump then it would be passable.

Checking the tyre stash shows a few 2.4s which might not work as a 2.35 replacement :) A 2.25 Rocket Ron or Vertical might have to save the day.
Pfft. Just sand the arch until it fits. Problem solved. ;)