Confessions from the fuckwits

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Except phalaris extractions result in gramine extractions too. Gramine is toxic. So unless you're well versed in the separation of these two substances and have the additional patience, it's a bad idea. Just hit up some acacia confusa or acuminata and you're golden. Less time, less mess and 100% safe alkaloids.
I'm glad to see you've made a miraculous recovery Mr White.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I think this might be my first posting in the fuckwits thread…

Went for a great ride at Eatons today. Was so good I thought I should keep riding. So I decided to head 300 metres up the road to some other trails for one last session. Given it was just 300 metres, I tossed up riding or putting the bike on the car. Decided on the car so it would be right at the bottom of the trail when i was done.

Given it was just a very short trip, I just sat the bike on the carrier with the hook over the frame - didn‘t strap the wheels down. Pulled a quick u-turn and off I go. Routine check of the rear view mirror and something feels off. Wait - where the fuck is my bike?!?!

Oh there it is prostrate in the middle of the road with traffic baring down on it. FUCK!

I quickly pull over and panic. Should I pull a u-turn, reverse back towards it or get out and run?? I got out and ran.

Couple of cars went around it but then another was coming so I waved wildly at the car but he saw the bike and slowed and stopped. I picked up poor old Kevin and checked him over.

Amazingly, all he suffered was a grazed seat and a bit of a grazed grip on one side. No other damage I can see. On closer inspection the seat was cracked. Must have landed primarily on the seat and not much else.

That‘s the end of my SQ Lab experiment but at least the bike it ok.

Took it down one last trail for the day and drove home checking the rear view every 5 mins.

What a fuckwit…

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Fellow Fuckwits,
It has been a while since my last confession....
Due to the rainfall, this year and trails generally being unrideable since mid-year I haven't touched the MTB.
Today was bike repair day (doing all the stuff I had been putting off) including the MTB.
Get the bike off the wall. Hmmm, that's strange drivetrain is frozen and won't turn.
The first thought was chain seized (was going to be replaced today anyway).
So undo the quick link, and check the derailleur pulleys and free hub are spinning (all good!)
Go and get the new chain, and sit down and try to give the cranks a quick spin... Oh dear, it's not moving.
Pull the cranks to check the bearings and the drive-side is roached.
Try the old pull-the-seal, flush, add grease but nope it's dead.
Spend the next 45 minutes googling trying to work out the BB type (thx Cannondale, turns out to be a BB386Evo for 30mm).
Order from SCV Imports placed and a couple of hundred dollars poorer.

Lesson learned, even if the bike is clean, don't leave it sitting for months on the wall unridden!

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Fellow Fuckwits,
It has been a while since my last confession....
Due to the rainfall, this year and trails generally being unrideable since mid-year I haven't touched the MTB.
Today was bike repair day (doing all the stuff I had been putting off) including the MTB.
Get the bike off the wall. Hmmm, that's strange drivetrain is frozen and won't turn.
The first thought was chain seized (was going to be replaced today anyway).
So undo the quick link, and check the derailleur pulleys and free hub are spinning (all good!)
Go and get the new chain, and sit down and try to give the cranks a quick spin... Oh dear, it's not moving.
Pull the cranks to check the bearings and the drive-side is roached.
Try the old pull-the-seal, flush, add grease but nope it's dead.
Spend the next 45 minutes googling trying to work out the BB type (thx Cannondale, turns out to be a BB386Evo for 30mm).

Lesson learned, even if the bike is clean, don't leave it sitting for months on the wall unridden!
IMG_20220716_140216.jpg

*goes and spins cranks on bike hanging on wall

Oddjob

That's actually the wrong lesson...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Did you end up getting replacement chains?
I called them out as fakes, the guy rang me and explained he had bought a lot of stuff from this supplier and he had $10k worth if YBN bike chains that the supplier guarantees as genuine.

These chains deflect and stretch in front of your eyes when putting the gas down, they jump in the 2 smallest gears from new. They are fake as fck.

He didn't answer my last email.

I've went back to the original waxed XT chains on my Deviate and Spur.

Going to order myself a full set of XX1 rainbows for the 4 bikes in the next few weeks.

Found a little SRAM honey hole that has them.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I called them out as fakes, the guy rang me and explained he had bought a lot of stuff from this supplier and he had $10k worth if YBN bike chains that the supplier guarantees as genuine.

These chains deflect and stretch in front of your eyes when putting the gas down, they jump in the 2 smallest gears from new. They are fake as fck.

Going to order myself a full set of XX1 rainbows for the 4 bikes in the next few weeks.

Oh, shite, that doesn't sound good.

Oddjob

I got my YBN chains for a good price from Ram cycle parts. They've been as good/better than KMCs and Wippermans from elsewhere. I haven't had a good run with chains from the big Ssssss.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Has anyone tried the PYC chains at mtbdirect?

I bought two X01 chains from overseas and both snapped several times at random links under power so thought I'd try something different. The chains seem to holding up with one having two quick links and the other three but it's hardly ideal.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
So in the pursuit of finding the perfect coil spring (length and spring rate) for my diy coil conversion kit I thought I'd do what any self-respecting fuckwit would do and purchased said spring from fleabay.

So now I'm here to enlighten all who have ever pondered whether all coil springs are made equal. And the answer is negative (shocking I know right!?).

This fleabay spring started off 260mm long when I finally installed the coil kit in my Revelations. After a few "carpark" bounces in the backyard... :oops:

Compress_20221221_231244_4622.jpg

Compress_20221221_231239_9657.jpg