Confessions from the fuckwits

slowmick

38-39"
Ordered a 30mm thread together PF30 bottom bracket converter - got sent an 24mm outboard bottom bracket converter instead.
30mm option now out of stock when I went to return mine.
Decided this was the universe telling me to get rid of the almost impossible to undo SRAM cranks.
Trying to figure out current crank options for a non boost frame. Got caught up in chainlines and got very confused.
Bought new Shimano cranks and chain ring to match. When they arrived placed an order for the new tool to install the chainring.
Went to install today. No seals in the BB box. No idea if I ever got them or not. That's ok I'll order some online.
Install the bottom bracket - no press required to fit drive side- just slid in. Should make some interesting noises.
Try to install cranks for test fit. No go on the non drive side. BB is for GXP with 22mm non drive side bearing. No amount of lube will fix that. Put cranks back in the box in the cupboard. Consider a big drink.

At least DIYMTB has all the bearings and seals in stock so that I can buy all of the bits and do something else wrong next weekend.

PJO

in me vL comy
Ordered a 30mm thread together PF30 bottom bracket converter - got sent an 24mm outboard bottom bracket converter instead.
Decided this was the universe telling me to get rid of the almost impossible to undo SRAM cranks.
Trying to figure out current crank options for a non boost frame. Got caught up in chainlines and got very confused.
Bought new Shimano cranks and chain ring to match. When they arrived placed an order for the new tool to install the chainring.
Went to install today. No seals in the BB box. No idea if I ever got them or not. That's ok I'll order some online.
Install the bottom bracket - no press required to fit drive side- just slid in. Should make some interesting noises.
Try to install cranks for test fit. No go on the non drive side. BB is for GXP with 22mm non drive side bearing. No amount of lube will fix that. Put cranks back in the box in the cupboard. Consider a big drink.

At least DIYMTB has all the bearings and seals in stock so that I can buy all of the bits and do something else wrong next weekend.
Damn fucken bike industry!

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again

I swear BB's are the worst. There combination of BB 'standards' and stupid fucking crank 'standards' is enough send anyone insane

PJO

in me vL comy
It quite amazing how much cooking chilli "cooks" the hotness out if them.

Cut up a bunch of red chilli's yesterday for a big cook up, afterwards I proceeded to rub my itchy eye..

View attachment 394601
View attachment 394602

Now I have a loose understanding of what pepper spray feels like :eek: o_O
I have done this more than once.
The most memorable was when I had been cutting up chilli's and had forgotten an ingredient for the dish, jumped into the car to drive to the shops, got 50m down the road and rubbed my eye. Within half a second that eye was blind, watering and painful, just managed to pull the car over before the other eye did the same even though I hadn't touched it with my chilli hand.
Took a good fifteen minutes before I could return to driving.

cammas

Seamstress
It quite amazing how much cooking chilli "cooks" the hotness out if them.

Cut up a bunch of red chilli's yesterday for a big cook up, afterwards I proceeded to rub my itchy eye..

View attachment 394601
View attachment 394602

Now I have a loose understanding of what pepper spray feels like :eek: o_O
At least you didn’t scratch your junk, unless that floats your boat (I know, no kink shaming)

Lucaw

Next in line
Hi my name is Nathan and I have an addiction to buying pos old DH bikes.

This time its a 2013? Demo 8 with custom paint (rattle can over factory) with no rear axle and do working drivetrain
At least it’s not that 2015 demo