Confessions from the fuckwits

Minlak

custom titis
Been a while for a visit from me - I have 2 confessions to make father for I have sinned

1) New KTM bike every second time I start it I get an error code to say the Preload adjuster does not work - turn off and wait a minute and tunr on and it works - Very little online about - some people have had issues but no real resolutions reported. I posted in a FaceBook group as it was the weekend and the service centre is not open to call.
Apparently the KTM with all its electronics is very voltage sensitive and if it does not get the right voltage on start up will throw this error.
I got replies straight away of - Don't turn the bike off with the kill switch and you wont get the error
A) the KTM battery especially cranking amps is just adequate and turning it off at kill switch creates a start issue on next start up.
B) Why was I using Kill Switch? - Well the bike is push button start - i could see no other way to stop the bike - Not like any other push button start car I have ever driven where you just push the button again to stop it - Lol - So start turning bike off instead of killing it and no errors.
I will however probably fit a battery with higher cranking amps at first service (all the replies said go lithium they have never had an issue since)

2) I have been looking at chin mounts for the GoPro for the motorcycle helmet and just generally avoiding paying $60 for a piece of plastic that has to travel half way around the world to get to me. Found a company in NZ that does them and added it to my cart - I then relised I had chosen the Air 1 and not the Air 2 helmet - swapped them in the cart and then decided fuck it I just don't want to pay $56 for it - they then sent me emails "Oh you forgot something in your cart - I clicked on it and went WTF just do it - Annndd I ordered the Air 1 not the Air 2 - i have emailed them - contacted them on their page and facebook messaged them hopefully they swap it - sigh

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Cant even take a man's word :(

What I thought was a reputable company AND the owner assured me these were genuine, even emailed me his number to call and offer proof.

Hi mate i get these from Taiwan, please call me if you would like some more ways to verify.

0400******
4 x chains ($340), 3 in use and 1 still brand new. Nearly a full 1mm stretch on my Deviate. 0.75mm on my Transition and 0.75mm on my IndyFab.

XT 12spd chain now in the ultrasonic cleaner with turps.

20221110_165240.jpg

20221110_165946.jpg

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't

What I thought was a reputable company AND the owner assured me these were genuine, even emailed me his number to call and offer proof.

4 x chains ($340), 3 in use and 1 still brand new. Nearly a full 1mm stretch on my Deviate. 0.75mm on my Transition and 0.75mm on my IndyFab.

View attachment 394351

View attachment 394352
I'm pretty sure I have an XT or could be XTR 12 speed chain gathering dust if you want it? I used it briefly when I tried the hyperglide hype.

Flow-Rider

Burner

View attachment 394351

View attachment 394352
How many ks though? My Ali ybn's are still good, you might be better off waxing your legs with that wax.

ozzybmx

I'm pretty sure I have an XT or could be XTR 12 speed chain gathering dust if you want it? I used it briefly when I tried the hyperglide hype.
I have several 12spd chains here but thanks anyway.

Still got a few cheap NX 12's that I used to put on the hallion's bikes.

Got an XT 12 currently cooking, will get it hot waxed and onto the bike tonight, then test rode in the morning, then into the bike bag.

Will look at X01 and XX1 chains when I get back.

Flow-Rider

Burner
All at about 600km. They were bought in March and May this year.
Take a good photo of the chain and send it to YBN and see what they say. I've done 266km with my 10 speed YBN and it's still got plenty of life and I rode at the old quarry during the wet where there is all mining excrement everywhere.

ozzybmx

Take a good photo of the chain and send it to YBN and see what they say. I've done 266km with my 10 speed YBN and it's still got plenty of life and I rode at the old quarry during the wet where there is all mining excrement everywhere.
Good idea, I've just sent them the link to the website and a load of pictures.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
All at about 600km
To be fair 600km in the weather we've been having this year is prob in the realm of possibility. Checked #2's bike the other day and it was well past .1 in fact it was making the derailleur struggle. And I only missed checking it for a week or so (Bloody riding to school in the rain).

ozzybmx

They probably swapped their worn out chain with your new one while you weren't looking :p .
Both are enduro bikeless right now, we sold the Canyon a few days ago.

Working, driving, girls, gym, beach etc...

He says he might ride my Cotic for a while... I've told him he's getting billed per scratch, as soon as something has a mark on it, he owns it :)

While tuning the Deviate for Tassie, I pulled out the derailleur alignment tool... it was like an old friend I hadn't seen in a while. Used to see it weekly... reckon it's been a few months now.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

To be fair 600km in the weather we've been having this year is prob in the realm of possibility. Checked #2's bike the other day and it was well past .1 in fact it was making the derailleur struggle. And I only missed checking it for a week or so (Bloody riding to school in the rain).
I don't ride in the rain and a genuine hot waxed YBN SLA chain should be getting up to ~8000km.

All 3 bike chains are 0.75mm at approx 600km.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's actually an endearing word often used in Scots-Irish meaning 'rascal', best dropped in a sentence to describe your kids without swearing :)
Which came first, the hallion or the hellion? I suspect hellion is going to be a phonetic and geographical deviation.