Confessions from the fuckwits

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Packed up the car for a trip to anglesea. Got there, got the pads on, checked the bike and rode 10m. Went to change gears. Nothing. Forgot to take the axs battery off the charger back at home.

Good first ride after recovering from covid....fml

All the bike shops closed. Drove to town hoping for a miracle. Bike shop looks open! Park, go in, and there's a barber operating at th3 front of the bike shop, but bike shop is closed :(

Back home I guess
Easy sorted - blame the brain fog! It's not your fault, COVID made you do it!

Still, we have formed a hope circle for you going forward:

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Easy sorted - blame the brain fog! It's not your fault, COVID made you do it!

Still, we have formed a hope circle for you going forward:
I did have a gx shifter+mech but no cable in the car.

I'll be getting a spare to keep in the henty and making a label to stick on my bike rack to remind me to check

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Packed up the car for a trip to anglesea. Got there, got the pads on, checked the bike and rode 10m. Went to change gears. Nothing. Forgot to take the axs battery off the charger back at home.

Good first ride after recovering from covid....fml

All the bike shops closed. Drove to town hoping for a miracle. Bike shop looks open! Park, go in, and there's a barber operating at th3 front of the bike shop, but bike shop is closed :(

Back home I guess
(EDIT - I see you are already thinking along these lines :))
Not for a rear mech, but I've got a Li-on (1x 18560) powered bike light. I always have a charged spare that lives on the bike in a top tube bag. You are using a SRAM wireless system, right? a rear mech battery would be fairly compact, and could have a cover - ziploc bag even - so you didn't get crap on the contacts etc.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
(EDIT - I see you are already thinking along these lines :))
Not for a rear mech, but I've got a Li-on (1x 18560) powered bike light. I always have a charged spare that lives on the bike in a top tube bag. You are using a SRAM wireless system, right? a rear mech battery would be fairly compact, and could have a cover - ziploc bag even - so you didn't get crap on the contacts etc.
Or better yet, put a proper cable system back on it…

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I'm just still salty about there being no 105 12 speed mechanical... Stoopid ebikes.
You know this is a MTB forum right?

Edit: also fair to be salty I hate when they discontinue perfectly good tech because of the new shiny stuff, but that's business. They are in it to make money not friends.

ausdb

Being who he is
I went for a ride yesterday, I already felt a bit of a knob wearing my new full face when nobody else was, so decided to leave the kneepads in the car than be the all the gear and no idea guy.
A poor decision to make a last minute line change meant clipping a tree and this.
It wasn't that deep and hasn't bruised too much, but yes I'm a fuckwit!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I went for a ride yesterday, I already felt a bit of a knob wearing my new full face when nobody else was, so decided to leave the kneepads in the car than be the all the gear and no idea guy.
A poor decision to make a last minute line change meant clipping a tree and this.
View attachment 391923
It wasn't that deep and hasn't bruised too much, but yes I'm a fuckwit!
I assume this is you then @ausdb?