Confessions from the fuckwits

moorey

call me Mia
I will see how I go, I am a bit of wuss riding anyway, as long as I can get down boulder or junction/link track at the Youies without the wheel buckling I’ll be happy
There’s nothing really wrong with good 28h, it’s just that I’m likely to change the rims, and all my spares are 32h. I suggest you read the very first post in this thread. I have form.

cammas

Seamstress
There’s nothing really wrong with good 28h, it’s just that I’m likely to change the rims, and all my spares are 32h. I suggest you read the very first post in this thread. I have form.
Ah I see what you mean, that’s a good one. I will just say I went for the weight savings ;)

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Kid forgot his lunch. Cool…I’ll bring it out then I can squeeze in a ride….stoked. Delivered lunch…good dad.
Got to the trail….got changed…getting pumped…no helmet. Yeah FW.

Drove home, had a laugh with my wife and then no shit, 5 mins later get a call from the school saying my son is sick and can I come and get him!!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Kid forgot his lunch. Cool…I’ll bring it out then I can squeeze in a ride….stoked. Delivered lunch…good dad.

Drove home, had a laugh with my wife and then no shit, 5 mins later get a call from the school saying my son is sick and can I come and get him!!
Did you say "No sorry, I've already been out there once today."? Don't forget your helmet this time

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

What did you give him for lunch? Your helmet?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Bought these 2 tools from Ali Express last November. I have one set of wheels I want to change from pawls to ratchets and 2 others to service the bearings. I thought the black one was for the ring nut on the hub with pawls. Didn't bother to check. I received the tools for removing and pressing bearings in the last 2 weeks. I am already to go, right?
Went out to the shed last night to start on the 3 pawl wheel...and...they are both the same tool. Only fit the ratchet hub. @!$#%!
I checked the Ali purchase and too late to send back and exchange. A new one is $15. The same price the LBS will charge to remove the old ring nut.
View attachment 388791
I will post the black one for sale later today.
For DT star ratchet hubs? Flick me a PM and I’ll take it (assuming that you checked it actually fits ok!?!?)

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
If anyone hasn't joined this group on Facebook yet, you are missing out on regular fuckwittery such as this...
Reminds me of when I was new to MTB, had just seen Lifecycles for the first time, and came over all inspired to do some (long overdue) maintenance to my first mountain bike.

Anyway mate provides guidance while I pull all the drivetrain bits off and give everything a thorough clean. Put crankset back on. Were the two crank arms aligned? Naah. Did I have the bike 100% back together before this was pointed out to me? looks at floor

Copped some shit for that one.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Reminds me of when I was new to MTB, had just seen Lifecycles for the first time, and came over all inspired to do some (long overdue) maintenance to my first mountain bike.

Anyway mate provides guidance while I pull all the drivetrain bits off and give everything a thorough clean. Put crankset back on. Were the two crank arms aligned? Naah. Did I have the bike 100% back together before this was pointed out to me? looks at floor

Copped some shit for that one.
Just like in the rest of the Universe...you're not alone.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got a new OneUp seatpost and dropper lever a coupla months ago. Haven't fitted it yet and was checking which I-fucken-spec version I have re a used XT shifter I wanted to buy. Great its the right one (EV) but WTF the new dropper lever isn't. Looking at MTB Direct returns procedure made me end up buying the right adaptor and keeping the wrong 'un

ausdb

Being who he is
I was looking for a cheap rim, to replace a Crest that's starting to crack at the eyelets. I saw a guy selling some NOS Fireeyes for $30 a pop on fake book so I messaged him and asked if he had any 29ers in non garish colours. Yep I've got two black 32h left. I couldn't get there on the weekend so did a sneaky detour after work one night. I was there all of two minutes, it was dark and literally handed him $60 at the door and left. If the cops had been driving past it would have looked like another sort of transaction except the clear plastic bag was much bigger, with black stuff inside not white.
Fuckwit confession 1, I didn't look closely at them until the next day when I realised they are schrader not presta, @ashes_mtb weren't you looking for some 29 hoops?
Fuckwit confession 2 I forgot to ask if they are tubeless or not as the bead seats are a lot different to the rest of my tubeless rims.
Oh well it was only $60 so wifeys Aldi special might end up with an upgrade.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I was looking for a cheap rim, to replace a Crest that's starting to crack at the eyelets. I saw a guy selling some NOS Fireeyes for $30 a pop on fake book so I messaged him and asked if he had any 29ers in non garish colours. Yep I've got two black 32h left. I couldn't get there on the weekend so did a sneaky detour after work one night. I was there all of two minutes, it was dark and literally handed him $60 at the door and left. If the cops had been driving past it would have looked like another sort of transaction except the clear plastic bag was much bigger, with black stuff inside not white.
Fuckwit confession 1, I didn't look closely at them until the next day when I realised they are schrader not presta, @ashes_mtb weren't you looking for some 29 hoops?
Fuckwit confession 2 I forgot to ask if they are tubeless or not as the bead seats are a lot different to the rest of my tubeless rims.
View attachment 389126
I think you can get schraeder to presta adaptors...(so you can use a presta pump, but they are rare)

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
View attachment 389126
1. Schrader is infinitely superior anyway. Might as well swap.

2. I’ve yet to find a rim that doesn’t work tubeless with enough decent tape.

I say roll with it.

moorey

call me Mia
Awesome day of Enduro practice with @Jpez at Albury. Just finished last run and get a check in reminder from Airbnb…for tomorrow.
Wait.
Check the booking and call him. It’s for tomorrow night. He’s booked out tonight.
Frantic ringing around, really nothing available tonight within cooeee.
If it was just me, I’d sleep in the car, but 2 kids and 2 mates I’ve also booked for.
Found a crap place, 45 min away and looks like a total dump. Woot.

Last edited:

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Awesome day of Enduro practice with @Jpez at Albury. Just finished last run and get a check in reminder from Airbnb…for tomorrow.
Wait.
Check the booking and call him. It’s for tomorrow night. He’s booked our tonight.
Frantic ringing around, really nothing available tonight within cooeee.
If it was just me, I’d sleep in the car, but 2 kids and 2 mates I’ve also booked for.
Found a crap place, 45 min away and looks like a total dump. Woot.

PJO

in me vL comy
Small confession:
Did a basic lowers service with a mate over who was wanting to see it done.
Everything went smoothly, reassembled the fork, lowers were round the right way. Foot bolts in and torqued go to put the rebound knob back on. Won't go in all the way, WTF? Never happened before I tell my mate. Puzzled for a bit longer then realised I put the footnuts into the wrong sides.