Confessions from the fuckwits

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Our lovely rice cooker that is still in our appartment in Tokyo made THE BEST PANCAKES!!!!

Best pancakes....

s
did rice OK to..... but, really-pancakes
We have just invested in a new Panasonic rice cooker. So quiet that you have to put your ear next to it just to check that it is cooking.

The manual is very Japanese and designed to install fear and terror. After 5 pages of strict guidance that if you don't heed these warnings then you will surely die a horrible death then we have 'if you hear and noise then it is fine, do not panic'.

I can see why microwave rice is attractive since this cooker sounds like a killer robot that ate Tokyo and is now hiding as a rice cooker.

20211205_165337.jpg

Attachments

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I don't eat my bikes.
You don't read your maps either. The link you sent is for mainland China. We don't buy their rice and try to avoid much of their stuff also.

Regardless where rice comes from, it has to be washed by hand a few times which helps to break the outer layer and help it cook.

All rice, mostly white rice varieties, can absorb arsenic from groundwater. Leaving it in water for a as long as you can before washing again then cooking can remove much of it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Noooo.....Don't trying this while in Japan or they will throw you on the next plane home :)

Invest in a rice cooker, even the cheap $20 generic ones do a worthy job and double as a steamer for dumplings.

Cooking rice in microwave is the Barista equivalent of serving up Nescafe Blend 43 to your customers.
It sure is! I have done it once in a "for fuck's sake!!!!!!!!" moment for work, where perpetual let down by "co-workers" (oxygen thieves). Never again! The rice was acceptable to those not at the extreme end of rice connoisseur, but what a duck by mess!!! Stove top is easy. Rice cooker is easy and cheap.

Also...don't bother with frozen ice either. For the same reason as above I have tried it...fuck no.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
It sure is! I have done it once in a "for fuck's sake!!!!!!!!" moment for work, where perpetual let down by "co-workers" (oxygen thieves). Never again! The rice was acceptable to those not at the extreme end of rice connoisseur, but what a duck by mess!!! Stove top is easy. Rice cooker is easy and cheap.

Also...don't bother with frozen ice either. For the same reason as above I have tried it...fuck no.
You have done well sir.

As an encore, you have to serve up some Blend 43 Barista stylee and see if the fine customers can spot the difference.

I reckon you would be in with a big chance to win over those fussy customers that expect coffee from sustainable plantations in South America with the money going back to the farmers.

Rename the Blend 43 to something exotic FTW. They will never know and you will gain a cult following, big profits and cred for all.

ualf

Likes Dirt
So... I rode in to work this morning, jumped into the shower with a niggling feeling I had forgotten something important.

Got out of the shower and figured it out. Nice dry clean towel was still sitting in my office downstairs.

Nudie run through the office was out of the question so paper towels it was.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So... I rode in to work this morning, jumped into the shower with a niggling feeling I had forgotten something important.

Got out of the shower and figured it out. Nice dry clean towel was still sitting in my office downstairs.

Are you a hairy person? I have found paper towel to be rather useless against a wet hairy body.

Jpez

Down on the left!

Photos or it didn’t happen! No wait! Scrap that.