Confessions from the fuckwits

Minlak

custom titis
Making brackets for lights - don’t have a drill press - I know use my wood clamps onto a cutting board to drill the holes and hold the metal - oooops tried to gut myself - here is the code soon part - I do have a vice I could have used!
Being so hairy is a whole other confession

moorey

call me Mia
Making brackets for lights - don’t have a drill press - I know use my wood clamps onto a cutting board to drill the holes and hold the metal - oooops tried to gut myself - here is the code soon part - I do have a vice I could have used!
Daniel, is that you?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

View attachment 383348
Will you need spacers with the brackets? Obviously no need in the other pic...

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
What is this? Chain lube for ants?

Accidentally bought a novelty sized chain lube.

View attachment 383365
Haha! I bought something from a guy on Farcebook a while back who sent me one of these. I sent him a message saying "Thanks for the little sample bottle of chain lube" He said "It's a proper sized bottle". Is it aimed at bike packers or something?

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Haha! I bought something from a guy on Farcebook a while back who sent me one of these. I sent him a message saying "Thanks for the little sample bottle of chain lube" He said "It's a proper sized bottle". Is it aimed at bike packers or something?
I received a couple of these gratis at a race many years ago, at the time I thought the same but it turns out they actually are great for bike packing.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I get given them all the time. All mine are as thick as PVA glue after a short time in the bottle, and useless.
I've not had that issue, I'm using the same 500mL bottle that I've had for a few years now and just refilling the little ones as required. I only use the Squirt if I'm being lazy or in a rush as I normally wax all my chains.

Minlak

custom titis
Sooooo - My new E-bike Plus has horrible lights - They are a sealed unit - apparently you can adjust the the focus of the light but you have to take the headlight off to do this - once the light is off you have to best guess refit and try again - Since most E-Bike Plus headlights are crap anyway had the bright idea of putting driving lights on it instead - measure up how I am going to mount them and relaise I need a spacer about 16mm high to get over a lip and about 16mm round to fit in the recess - Can not find anything in town even close.

Contact @Dales Cannon and request said spacer to be made - He asks if I want 20mm instead of 16 mm as the stock is 20 mm - I explained that any machinist worth his salt would not only make what I asked for but would also scallop the edge to make it lighter and look fancier. (Always lay on the charm when expecting machining work for free)

2 days later my perfectly machined pair of spacers arrive - with a stunning second pair with scalloped edge in a vacuum sealed bag looking as perfect as can be.

It was at this point upon further inspection I realised I would be unable to use the mounting point I had intended due to some fuckwittery of not paying attention.

So now they are destined to never be used and I will probably start passing them onto my children and them their children as a family heirloom as they are the nicest things we own currently

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Sooooo - My new E-bike Plus has horrible lights - They are a sealed unit - apparently you can adjust the the focus of the light but you have to take the headlight off to do this - once the light is off you have to best guess refit and try again - Since most E-Bike Plus headlights are crap anyway had the bright idea of putting driving lights on it instead - measure up how I am going to mount them and relaise I need a spacer about 16mm high to get over a lip and about 16mm round to fit in the recess - Can not find anything in town even close.

Contact @Dales Cannon and request said spacer to be made - He asks if I want 20mm instead of 16 mm as the stock is 20 mm - I explained that any machinist worth his salt would not only make what I asked for but would also scallop the edge to make it lighter and look fancier. (Always lay on the charm when expecting machining work for free)

2 days later my perfectly machined pair of spacers arrive - with a stunning second pair with scalloped edge in a vacuum sealed bag looking as perfect as can be.

It was at this point upon further inspection I realised I would be unable to use the mounting point I had intended due to some fuckwittery of not paying attention.

So now they are destined to never be used and I will probably start passing them onto my children and them their children as a family heirloom as they are the nicest things we own currently

View attachment 383425
No wonder you are selling them cheap!

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Rode the wife’s Phantom…thought I had cushcore in the rear and given it had a trail tyre on I still had 30psi in there so off I go. After 18kms and 700m of climbing I reached the my close to mid point of this training ride. Lots of loose rocks was my thought going up, best to float over them going back down….

Pace started to pick up on the little bike. Felt so light and poppy! Picking rock gardens and just jumping them was so smooth and fun….for about a minute. Psssssssttt went the rear tyre. Plenty of sealant as it was pissing everywhere….figured it would seal…got out a C02 canister to give it a shot….fucking thing was an empty shell….nothing in it. Goddamnit….tyre now flat. Lots of lost sealant. One canister and a tube left. Also it became glaringly obvious the cushcore was in fact in a different wheel still sitting in my shed! If only I had realised that I wouldn’t have taken any liberties at all on these rocks!

Not taking any chances I decide to just put the tube in. Fitted it and blasted the good canister in. Satisfying psshhhhhttt as the tyre inflated. Followed by an unsatisfying pssshhhhtt as the tyre deflated. Fucking tube had holes…

Longish walk (8km) pushing and carrying the bike before I could get reception to call my wife for a lift. At least the bike was light and it was a nice day lol.