Confessions from the fuckwits

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Wanted to get a spot of welding done on a long drawn out trail tool project.

Pull the old arc welder out grabbed the helmet, do a bunch of welding thinking "man that arc is bright"

Then realise the light sensor battery is 100% flat so no auto-shade function at all.

My eyes are going to be gravelly tomorrow

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

Pull the old arc welder out grabbed the helmet, do a bunch of welding thinking "man that arc is bright"

Then realise the light sensor battery is 100% flat so no auto-shade function at all.

I have done exactly the same.

Jpez

Down on the left!

Forget tomorrow. I’d say 3am.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So this morning I stagger out as I usually do in the semi darkness and grind some coffee. I’m a little foggy from a few frothies last night. I’ve got one of those Breville Oracle machines.
Grind, pull the Portafilter off the grinder and stick it on the outlet and press the go button. Turn around and BAM. The fucking thing exploded. Well at least I thought it exploded. Coffee goop everywhere. All over my back, all over the adjacent kitchen cupboards and open dishwasher full of once clean dishes, floor, benchtops everywhere. Staring at it in shock I pull the Portafilter to have a look and realise there’s no basket. I took it out to chuck in the dishwasher last night. So without the basket in it comes out the hole pretty damn fast!
And to top it off the machine starts taking the piss by flashing this message up on the screen! I kid you not. It was not there yesterday. View attachment 378261

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahaaaaaaaaa! I have had a similar experience or three. It is not fun.

moorey

call me Mia
Very last minute trip to the You Yangs this arvo before losing light.
Threw kids, bike and kit in the car. Remembered just in time I’d forgotten gloves. I can’t ride without gloves, particularly at YY with gravel tracks. Grab a pair and away we go.

Arrive, kit up and…

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Yeah, better having gloves than not even if you have to wear one around the wrong way. I managed to leave them behind a couple of weeks ago on a night ride, and was very fortunate that it was unseasonably mild, as usually at this time of year in Tassie no gloves results in a fair bit of difficulty gripping the brake levers.

moorey

call me Mia
I can’t with this set. Sized down with the Fists, and backwards, they just won’t go. I found an old pair of ‘FIIK where they came from’ gloves in the ute tool box. Too small, more hole than glove, but better than gloveless.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Got excited thinking I was close to reaching my savings goal for a new set of wheels only to remember I'd promised to use that money for the children's bikes. Sad face.
I see a very ling bout of depression in your future.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I see a very ling bout of depression in your future.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Nah I'll get over it, the joy of knowing my children can enjoy the trails with me is worth the price of admission :)

Couple with a new ute means we can head to Davies Creek or Atherton (fitness notwithstanding!)

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Got excited thinking I was close to reaching my savings goal for a new set of wheels only to remember I'd promised to use that money for the children's bikes. Sad face.
Good parenting opportunity here. Sooner or later they will have to learn that people all through life are going to promise them things and then not deliver. May as well be you to teach them!