Confessions from the fuckwits

moorey

call me Mia
I prefer mine horizontal, or at least close, whatever floats your boat but the surgery sounds expensive.
Definitely horses for courses. The 2 bike horizontal Yakima on the wife’s pathfinder is a far more practical option for her.
When you say close, do you mean close to the car, or am I misreading that? My 5 bike vertical keeps the bikes a lot closer in than her 2 bike horizontal (and 1/2 the distance of our previous 4 bike horizontal....in hindsight, barely legal on a shorter vehicle in some states). Ignore if I’ve misread.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
rack (n.1)
c. 1300, "grating or open frame with bars or pegs upon which things are hung or placed," especially for kitchen use, possibly from Middle Dutch rec "framework," literally "something stretched out, related to recken (modern rekken) "stretch out," cognate with Old English reccan "to stretch out," from Proto-Germanic rak- (source also of Old Saxon rekkian, Old Frisian reza, Old Norse rekja, Old High German recchen, German recken, Gothic uf-rakjan "to stretch out"), from PIE root https://www.etymonline.com/word/*reg-?ref=etymonline_crossreferencereg- "to move in a straight line."

Jpez

Down on the left!
So I’ve got a joinery install today and I’ve got my offsider in the factory ripping timber on the table saw. I shoot in early to change out the blade to a finecut blade and get off to my job.
About an hour later I get a call from the lad saying the saws not working properly and there’s smoke coming out of the wood as he cuts. We argue a bit because I’m pretty sure the blade is decent and shouldn’t be producing smoke. Anyway I’m too far away to deal with it so I give him my credit card number and go tell him to buy a new blade and be careful to put it on exactly like the other one. Anyway another hour or so has has passed and I get another call from him saying the new $120 blade is doing the same thing! By this stage smoke is also coming out of my ears as I really need to be getting on with this install but I need this stuff ripped as well.
so I jump in my Ute and fly back cursing the whole way. Rush in the factory with an air of contempt for the kid muttering under my breath, go to the saw and immediately see the problem which if I wasn’t in such a rush to get 10 things done at once and given it more than a few seconds thought I would have realised the problem.

I’ve put the blade on backwards. Fuckwit.
and the kid while being pretty switched on and I trust him to rip a bunch of timber accurately has no experience setting the machine up or changing blades. Also he was pretty careful to do just as I said and put the new blade on just like the one he took off.
so now I own an extra blade, I’m behind in my install and the timber cutting and I owe the kid an apology for being a dick to him.
fuckwit.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
So I’ve got a joinery install today and I’ve got my offsider in the factory ripping timber on the table saw. I shoot in early to change out the blade to a finecut blade and get off to my job.
About an hour later I get a call from the lad saying the saws not working properly and there’s smoke coming out of the wood as he cuts. We argue a bit because I’m pretty sure the blade is decent and shouldn’t be producing smoke. Anyway I’m too far away to deal with it so I give him my credit card number and go tell him to buy a new blade and be careful to put it on exactly like the other one. Anyway another hour or so has has passed and I get another call from him saying the new $120 blade is doing the same thing! By this stage smoke is also coming out of my ears as I really need to be getting on with this install but I need this stuff ripped as well.
so I jump in my Ute and fly back cursing the whole way. Rush in the factory with an air of contempt for the kid muttering under my breath, go to the saw and immediately see the problem which if I wasn’t in such a rush to get 10 things done at once and given it more than a few seconds thought I would have realised the problem.

and the kid while being pretty switched on and I trust him to rip a bunch of timber accurately has no experience setting the machine up or changing blades. Also he was pretty careful to do just as I said and put the new blade on just like the one he took off.
so now I own an extra blade, I’m behind in my install and the timber cutting and I owe the kid an apology for being a dick to him.
fuckwit.
Bloody tradies.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

fuckwit.
Always get them to send a photo.
Learned that one the hard way.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Just to give a mate the shits (and me a laugh) I used to turn the hacksaw blade around on his hacksaw when he wasn't looking.

Pretty sure if he still doesn't know it was me.
We had a fella that would come in the smoko room and pull his boots off to get all comfy while he ate his lunch. The dude had stinky feet. So after a bit of gentle hinting to keep his shoes on which he ignored he ducked out barefoot to get something from the car one day. While he was gone I quickly drove a couple of tek screws through the sole of each boot into the floor. He wasn’t impressed when he went to grab his boots off the floor and they refused to budge!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn

fuckwit.
Gold...

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I was absolutely livid on the weekend after discovering the front fence I'd built had been vandalised. The hardwood rails were all destroyed, there were splinters all over the ground and it looked like someone had gone to town on them with a chisel. The sunflowers in the front yard were also laid to waste. My first thought was, "those fucking scooter kids." I tried to forget about it and let it go, but still resolved to install a camera out the front to catch the bastards red-handed. So this morning at 6:30am when I heard a commotion out the front, I rushed out there ready to give some feral kids a serve, only to find about 40 Cockatoos ripping my fence apart and even having a go at the awning cover on the 4WD. Felt like a fuckwit.

Minlak

custom titis
I was absolutely livid on the weekend after discovering the front fence I'd built had been vandalised. The hardwood rails were all destroyed, there were splinters all over the ground and it looked like someone had gone to town on them with a chisel. The sunflowers in the front yard were also laid to waste. My first thought was, "those fucking scooter kids." I tried to forget about it and let it go, but still resolved to install a camera out the front to catch the bastards red-handed. So this morning at 6:30am when I heard a commotion out the front, I rushed out there ready to give some feral kids a serve, only to find about 40 Cockatoos ripping my fence apart and even having a go at the awning cover on the 4WD. Felt like a fuckwit.
Started reading this and the second sentence in - My head was going Cockatoo's :)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Got a dog?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk