Confessions from the fuckwits

ers

Likes Dirt
Great 1x10 build. Put on new handlebars. Wanted to move my front brake away from my rear shifter .... so swapped sides for brakes.
Easy as.
Just turned them upside down and slid them on opposite handlebars
Hydraulic disc!!!!
1 week later found out about that and started swapping them back, had over tightened on bolt, hand slipped, thumb still bleeding three days later, had to drill it out
FW!!!!
erw

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Great 1x10 build. Put on new handlebars. Wanted to move my front brake away from my rear shifter .... so swapped sides for brakes.
Easy as.
Just turned them upside down and slid them on opposite handlebars
Hydraulic disc!!!!
1 week later found out about that and started swapping them back, had over tightened on bolt, hand slipped, thumb still bleeding three days later, had to drill it out
FW!!!!
erw
just delightful! I eagerly await one of the 2 next likely mishaps...
- stuck pedal
- stuck cassette.
Personally I'm rooting for cassette, we have had too many pedals lately. Plus I believe the cassette presents a highest chance of expensive misfortune and carnage. All those teeth!

ers

Likes Dirt
just delightful! I eagerly await one of the 2 next likely mishaps...
- stuck pedal
- stuck cassette.
Personally I'm rooting for cassette, we have had too many pedals lately. Plus I believe the cassette presents a highest chance of expensive misfortune and carnage. All those teeth!
Sooo... narrow wide chain rings have a narrow and a wide tooth
I knew that....
Found out after I had installed
Luckily, raced down to the garage and found I had installed it the right way
Haven't done pedals yet, but that is actually my next purchase
Read the pedal thread ha
Stuck cassette- f---k
I hope not

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
The other week I busted my ass chasing down the bus in the morning. Running like a bastard. I ran a whole block and caught up with it at the lights.
It was the 'out of service' bus.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
The other week I busted my ass chasing down the bus in the morning. Running like a bastard. I ran a whole block and caught up with it at the lights.
It was the 'out of service' bus.
What a bastard. Even more so as Hobart only has one bus doesn't it?

grumpy

Squid
got some new xt trail pedals for the trance fitted them up ready for the weekend. Friday night though I better put the cleats on my shoes. realised chucked them out with the empty box. bins got emptied that morning.

scblack

Leucocholic
got some new xt trail pedals for the trance fitted them up ready for the weekend. Friday night though I better put the cleats on my shoes. realised chucked them out with the empty box. bins got emptied that morning.
That is so funny. Sorry, but it is.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I was bleeding my Avids on my Anthem the other night and had both syringes hooked up but when I went to push the fluid from the caliper syringe into the lever syringe it wouldn't budge. I pushed hard enough that the brake fluid pushed past the plunger and went everywhere, I reinstalled both syringed, got the Youtube video on my phone and checked, nothing! Then I realised I had one syringe on the front brake and one on the rear brake :doh: and thought to my self "you bloody idiot!"
After installing the syringe onto the correct lever things worked much better, surprisingly lol.

TwoSix

Likes Bikes
Installed a 180mm hope floating rotor on the rear wheel last night, installed the adaptor, spun the wheel, could hear it catching on something. Got my file out, then kept spinning the wheel and looking where it was catching, only to notice one of the adaptor bolts was protruding enough to catch the anodised blue spider. Unfortunately its now scuffed all way around, like a racing stripe on the spider.

It's annoying me way more than it should, I can barely look at my bike. So I've convinced myself 180mm is too big on the rear, and I need to buy a new 160mm rotor instead :dizzy:

Beaker74

Likes Dirt
It's annoying me way more than it should, I can barely look at my bike. So I've convinced myself 180mm is too big on the rear, and I need to buy a new 160mm rotor instead :dizzy:
I'll take the scarred 180mm rotor off your hands. I wont even charge you to get rid of it. ☺

stewyh

Likes Dirt
Restoring an old Apollo Concorde, nearly finished it too. Existing crank spindle was shagged, no big deal, change it to sealed unit to match shiny new crankset. Measured the original square taper, 124mm, cool.

Ordered 124mm bb, installed and WTF? Front derailleur barely extended out far enough to reach INNER ring! Turns out whoever installed the last spindle had the same problem and simply smashed the drive side crank so far onto the taper that the spindle destroyed the crank removal thread! No wonder it was a bugger to get off.

Anyway, measured the centerline to chainline, did some calculating and ordered a 110mm bb. Installed it and the front derailleur works great! Or it would If the fucking cranks would turn. Inner ring fouling chainstay. Somehow or other I doubled the amount the spindle needed to be shortened by.

Ordered a 116mm bb today... if that doesn't work, this is gonna be me... DIDDLY!

[video=youtube;QDslOEl6SeM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDslOEl6SeM[/video]