Confessions from the fuckwits

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
#2 has moved out to be closer to work, start his own life etc etc. His aged multimeter decided to commit harikari and thus without me knowing he 'borrowed' mine for some stuff he was doing. I used to have two, a cheapie I bought as a first meter and a top of the line Fluke that was on long term borrow from a previous employer. Both died a few years ago and when I discovered how expensive the Fluke was I couldn't do it even with so many functions I would never use... So I bought a pretty decent Cabac which was still a few hundreds and this has served me well.

Anyway decided it was time to have a back up cheapie again; to leave in the camper so lashed out $50 on a basic digital multimeter to do DC and continuity etc. In the afternoon #2 rang to ask if I could go over and help him move some furniture. No worries, opportunity to swap multimeters until he gets around to buying himself a new one. Took the meter over, set up the furniture and then headed home. Had a party to go to so I left things a little late but all good in the end.

Got up this morning to realise that #2 now has two multimeters and I am back to none. Shit. Ah well at least I tested the speaker cables before hooking them up to the valves.

Fuckwit. Looks like another trip across town.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I discovered how expensive the Fluke was I couldn't do it even with so many functions I would never use.
They have taken a jump in price. I bough 4 x 179's a couple of years back for work and they were about $350ea with a calibration certificate :oops:

Both my two are doing Level 2 in Electrotechnology in years 11 & 12, I've told them I would buy them a meter if they started an electrical apprenticeship after school.

You got me looking, there is a Fluke 115 that has all the functions a regular sparky would need.

Still up in price from where they were.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
They have taken a jump in price. I bough 4 x 179's a couple of years back for work and they were about $350ea with a calibration certificate :oops:

Both my two are doing Level 2 in Electrotechnology in years 11 & 12, I've told them I would buy them a meter if they started an electrical apprenticeship after school.

You got me looking, there is a Fluke 115 that has all the functions a regular sparky would need.

Still up in price from where they were.

Not sure which Fluke I borrowed but it was all singing and dancing. Made the tea and everything. When I priced the equivalent about 3 years ago it was every bit of $1,000 with company pricing.

ozzybmx

Not sure which Fluke I borrowed but it was all singing and dancing. Made the tea and everything. When I priced the equivalent about 3 years ago it was every bit of $1,000 with company pricing.
Yeah some of those fancy ones have data logging, built in oscilloscopes, thermal imaging etc..

As you say, its like getting one of those scientific calculators to add and subtract ;)

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Gap in the weather, quickly load the bike and get to the trails. New fork and different shock to test. First run...headset loose. Now normally this is where I would pull the OneUp tool out of the steerer and fix that but this new fork has an uber thick steerer so no tool fits. All good I'll use the SWAT tool under the bottle cage.....no wait...I had to take that off because it was fouling the reservoir on the shock when I installed it. Game over :( Went to the trail to do a test and adjust with no tools...FW.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
BF Goodrich should really start making MTB tyres. Even if they're complete crap every dickhead with a lift kit and an ebike they never ride will be queuing up.
Does that mean we’re going to see Federal Couragia MTs become available for every low- budget bogan with an overforked Trek Roscoe?

nathanm

Eats Squid
got bored, decided to have a parts clean up to raise some funds as the daughter wants a PS4.

open up the parts box and find 2 packets of brand new brake pads. The same pads I needed to fix a mates bike after he sprayed the entire thing with WD40. fit the pads, test ride down the drive and nearly run into the courier who his delivering the brake pads I ordered for the bike. Guess I've got random spare again.

In the clean up i also found a random box, with the matchmaker adaptors I posed up in wanted to buy, so win I guess.

now just have to sell some other bits so I can help the kid buy a PS4 and never have an excuse to leave her room. Turns out teenagers are really just vampires, and not the cool twilight kind.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
got bored, decided to have a parts clean up to raise some funds as the daughter wants a PS4.

open up the parts box and find 2 packets of brand new brake pads. The same pads I needed to fix a mates bike after he sprayed the entire thing with WD40. fit the pads, test ride down the drive and nearly run into the courier who his delivering the brake pads I ordered for the bike. Guess I've got random spare again.

In the clean up i also found a random box, with the matchmaker adaptors I posed up in wanted to buy, so win I guess.

now just have to sell some other bits so I can help the kid buy a PS4 and never have an excuse to leave her room. Turns out teenagers are really just vampires, and not the cool twilight kind.
at least she's not hanging out for a PS5. ;)

ozzybmx

Grab one off scumtree, plenty there with games and controllers now the PS5 is out(ish).

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS

Hold the phone. My 13 year has one he's potentially looking to get rid of. PM inbound

nathanm

Eats Squid
at least she's not hanging out for a PS5. ;)
No that was me after seeing the new Grand Turismo, but i'd have to sell a bike and a kidney to afford it and I just can't justify it.
Grab one off scumtree, plenty there with games and controllers now the PS5 is out(ish).
That is the plan, always a bit of a crap shoot though so thinking maybe pay the extra and get one from EB Games with some type of warranty. The kid is choring up a storm to pay for it so don't want to see her blow her (my) money.