Confessions from the fuckwits

safreek

Not bike related but anyway.
Due to gym lockdowns and such I dropped some money on a new powercage and bench do I could beat the government.
Really proud of myself for putting the cage together in a couple hours flat. If you know me that's the equivalent of walking on water.
Got set for my first mighty workout with a new bar and grabbed a plate to stick on it.
Well, yeah, that's what you get for stocking up on Kmart plates, fucken hole was too small for the bar. Turns out Kmart have 20kg plates that only fit shitty Kmart bars. That will teach me to go cheap on plates.

But it does have a happy ending, I gave @Dales Cannon a quick pm as he is about the only fella I trust on here for true knowledge :eek: and asked him if he had any idea if what to do.
Was surprised when he told me all I needed was a damn good reaming. I thought "fuck me, he is having a bad day" but then he explained that I needed to go to an engineering shop and get the hole reamed out. Phew. Pick the plates up on Friday. Saved from being a total fuckwit, would of cost 500 or more to replace the weight plates

Jpez

Down on the left!
Not bike related but anyway.
Due to gym lockdowns and such I dropped some money on a new powercage and bench do I could beat the government.
Really proud of myself for putting the cage together in a couple hours flat. If you know me that's the equivalent of walking on water.
Got set for my first mighty workout with a new bar and grabbed a plate to stick on it.
Well, yeah, that's what you get for stocking up on Kmart plates, fucken hole was too small for the bar. Turns out Kmart have 20kg plates that only fit shitty Kmart bars. That will teach me to go cheap on plates.

But it does have a happy ending, I gave @Dales Cannon a quick pm as he is about the only fella I trust on here for true knowledge :eek: and asked him if he had any idea if what to do.
Was surprised when he told me all I needed was a damn good reaming. I thought "fuck me, he is having a bad day" but then he explained that I needed to go to an engineering shop and get the hole reamed out. Phew. Pick the plates up on Friday. Saved from being a total fuckwit, would of cost 500 or more to replace the weight plates
Are you trying to tell us you’re in the process of getting a good reaming??

safreek

Yeah it's 20kg man...postage is gonna be $xxxx

Sir the parcel weighs 18kg, postage will be $xxx

Let the bit dollars rain!
I will tell them the package is full of bitcoins, pay insurance and then tell them when the package was received it just had a shitty plate in it.
How many bitcoins would weigh 20ish kg you think :p

moorey

call me Mia
I think this belongs here.

Wifey bought me fancy Bluetooth, wireless charging earbuds for my 50th about 4 months back.
They’ve been great, and can sleep with one in and not get a sore ear like others I’ve had. (I need distraction or I can’t sleep….murder podcasts give the best dreams).

Went to bed earlier last night, so I knew I’d need to get up around 4am to put more wood on the fire to have a toasty house in the morning.

Put wood on fire (in somewhat of a daze), started another podcast, had a piss, flopped back into bed.

Wake up…earbud not in my ear.
Strip bed, nothing.
Check under bed, inside pillow slip, nothing.
Crawl around on floor. Nothing
Check out at fire. Nope.

I know battery isn’t flat, I get 18h easy on a charge when running quietly, and it was fully charged when I went to bed.

I take phone to bedroom and around house, seeing where it picks it up and pairs…. Nothing.

Turn volume up flat out on phone to check if it’s close by, and I can hear it. Nope. Not paired anyway, so it’s pointless

Whole family hunts. There’s only 3 places it can possibly be.

Bedroom. Nope.

Lounge, near fire. Nope.

Fell out of my ear while I was 1/2 asleep, taking a piss, didn’t notice, and flushed it. Probably.

They’re expensive buds….I’m not searching the Septic tank

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale

Wifey bought me fancy Bluetooth, wireless charging earbuds for my 50th about 4 months back.
They’ve been great, and can sleep with one in and not get a sore ear like others I’ve had. (I need distraction or I can’t sleep….murder podcasts give the best dreams).

Went to bed earlier last night, so I knew I’d need to get up around 4am to put more wood on the fire to have a toasty house in the morning.

Put wood on fire (in somewhat of a daze), started another podcast, had a piss, flopped back into bed.

Strip bed, nothing.
Check out at fire. Nope.

I know battery isn’t flat, I get 18h easy on a charge when running quietly, and it was fully charged when I went to bed.

I take phone to bedroom and around house, seeing where it picks it up and pairs…. Nothing.

Turn volume up flat out on phone to check if it’s close by, and I can hear it. Nope. Not paired anyway, so it’s pointless

Bedroom. Nope.

Lounge, near fire. Nope.

Fell out of my ear while I was 1/2 asleep, taking a piss, didn’t notice, and flushed it. Probably.

Are they IP rated? Take the phone out to the septic tank and try your luck.

Minlak

custom titis

Strip bed, nothing.
Check out at fire. Nope.

Bedroom. Nope.

Lounge, near fire. Nope.

Grab a set of Shimano brakes and throw in the tank - makes it worthwhile getting in then.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

Strip bed, nothing.
Check out at fire. Nope.

Bedroom. Nope.

Lounge, near fire. Nope.

Are they Apple AirPods by any chance? They have a find me feature if you had set it up. Otherwise time to sell a bike and buy new ones?

moorey

call me Mia
I did find a missing GoPro using this method in very dissimilar circumstances although your 18hr window is fading, have also lost a phone in a septic tank... was kind of hoping for the later.
I’ve walked around the house trying to pair numerous times today. It’s not in here. I’m writing it off to the ‘I don’t need it that bad’ file.

moorey

call me Mia
Are they Apple AirPods by any chance? They have a find me feature if you had set it up. Otherwise time to sell a bike and buy new ones?
Nope can’t stand the shape. Something Samsung. Probably a similar feature if you have a Samsung phone. I don’t.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Nope can’t stand the shape. Something Samsung. Probably a similar feature if you have a Samsung phone. I don’t.
There’s the Samsung Galaxy Buds app which has a find feature not sure if needed to be set up prior or not. Is the poo tank a tank or soaker pit?