Confessions from the fuckwits

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Yeah but who has a torque wrench that's accurately calibrated down to 1Nm? And the declaration it'll shit itself so easily?

PJO

in me vL comy
It steps out at the centre. Top is 56mm OD to fit into the frame, bottom is 56mm ID to replicate the frame & fit the headset in. So lower half OD will be nudging 62mm depending on wall thickness.
Not sure I quite get what you're saying. If you look closely pics show that it isn't tapered, it bulges a bit on the middle but top and bottom look roughly the same. The headset specced in the builds is ZS56 both top and bottom.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Not sure I quite get what you're saying. If you look closely pics show that it isn't tapered, it bulges a bit on the middle but top and bottom look roughly the same. The headset specced in the builds is ZS56 both top and bottom.
Wolftooth extender thingy goes into frame, lower headset cup goes into extender thingy. Frame now extended by 10mm. Pretty cool, but @moorey needs another 8mm correction for his one-day-soon-to-be-maybe-kinda frame.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
View attachment 376172
You're looking at a different beastie. What you're thinking of there is a full headset. The adaptor up the page is just the lower bit, essentially a head tube extension.

PJO

in me vL comy
You're looking at a different beastie. What you're thinking of there is a full headset. The adaptor up the page is just the lower bit, essentially a head tube extension.
Gotcha. Yes the external bottom cup.
It was the wolftooth thing I posted and then my brain got somehow sidetracked into a whole headset. Thanks for clarifying.

PJO

in me vL comy
Wolftooth extender thingy goes into frame, lower headset cup goes into extender thingy. Frame now extended by 10mm. Pretty cool, but @moorey needs another 8mm correction for his one-day-soon-to-be-maybe-kinda frame.
Yep, thanks. Had a seniors moment. A bit earlier than I expected but back in the war we used to tie an onion to our belt. Not those white onions, no. The big yellow ones. We used to tie them to our belts it was the style at the time...

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Yep, thanks. Had a seniors moment. A bit earlier than I expected but back in the war we used to tie an onion to our belt. Not those white onions, no. The big yellow ones. We used to tie them to our belts it was the style at the time...
View attachment 376178
I have so many brain fades I forget to post replies. They sit there as a draft before the matrix cleans it up.
Now, what did I come in here for...?