Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

naz

Criminally Inane
gloria jeans/starbucks cant be classified as coffee, its like gettin instant coffee mixing with long life milk, pissin in it then shakin not stirring to get a froth.

M.artin

Arrow Racing
Double shot Latte or a pica lo latte.

Every now and then ill go back to my old days and have a cappuccino, short black or flat white.

I like Grinders, Merlo Private, Segafredo.. but have been known to consume many others with much joy.

I do enjoy the go to a cafe and sit there for about and hour or two and consume as many coffee's as the body will allow in such time. So I don't limit myself on my coffee consumption......Unless it is shit (Coffee has to be good to drink it, and most people are getting crap at making it, they're getting crap here in Brisbane).

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
Having milk in your coffee is pathetic. Having any form of milk in coffee after 3pm is sacrelidge. Ban milk.

As for coffee, Illy is where its at.

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
Bah, so many Canadians rave about bloody Timmys. Okay, so I tried it.

Basic gist is that it's pretty uninspiring coffe but at least it's consistent.

Good bagel range though...
what more do you expecfrom an ex ice hockey player :p

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
large double shot cap with 2 sugars.

the bloke here at the hospital makes a damn good coffee.. i've been known to have 3 or 4 of these n a day.. at $4 each it gets costly :(

Damo_G

Squid
I do my own grind/espresso at home. So my fave beans are usually from Rio coffee (Adelaide)

yep Farmers Union IC gets my vote too :D

Here is my "iced coffee concoction" (This came about one day where we bought too much milk and it was probably gonna go off before we used it) :rolleyes:

First I freeze some milk in ice cube trays....then I make a few shots of espresso and freeze them in ice cube trays as well.
Usually next day or so.....Get out the ice crusher/blender thingy and put in the milk cubes and coffee cubes (work out your own mix according to taste). I usually get it to a fairly smooth consistency(like a thick shake but slightly chunkier)....put some sugar in to taste....pour out into a nice tall glass and a scoop of ice cream on top.
sounds like too much work.....yep your right....but I've also built my own pizza/brick oven in the backyard....thats another story :rolleyes:

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Having milk in your coffee is pathetic. Having any form of milk in coffee after 3pm is sacrelidge. Ban milk.

As for coffee, Illy is where its at.
3pm... pffft.

11am should be the cut off point, and then only if it's with breakfast.

hubbie

Forever 1,337
had mine for the morn.

Quick Q: For whatever reason i've never got around to going black. Milk Nazi's, what would you suggest to get me going on it?

cheers

Gronk

Likes Dirt
Wow this is a long thread, alot of Java heads here.

Anyway the only real coffee is a flat white... it may sound boring but think about it:

You order a cappucino cuz you're a sheep and you don't know anything and hence think that that is what a coffee is called, and you sit there spooning the foam off like it's a dessert treat.

A long black because you really want instant coffee.

A latte cuz you're a fruity metro poser.

A flavoured coffee cuz you're too soft to handle the real taste.

An espresso cuz you're trying to look all cool and continental.

A macciato cuz you saw it on the menu and have no idea what it is.

Back when I was a barista it turned me into a coffee snob :D

NCR600

Likes Dirt
had mine for the morn.

Quick Q: For whatever reason i've never got around to going black. Milk Nazi's, what would you suggest to get me going on it?

cheers
This is a problem. Most places do pretty awful coffee, but thanks to milk and sugar, get away with it.

I generally don't drink espresso that I haven't made myself anymore because of it.

If you can find a place that has a good reputation, go for a short black, with 2 sugars, or finish up a lebanese or turkish meal with some of their coffee.

Black and very sweet, and probably a good starting point

John U

MTB Precision
My wife is passionate about coffee which is very handy for me. She seeks out her favourite roasters, especially ones who will give her details like the roasted on date, and has a couple of friends from the coffee elite. I have an on call barista in my own house. The only problem is that I have now turned into a bit of a coffee snob and have found that the large majority of places serve shit coffee. At least I can get a good drop from home.

hubbie

Forever 1,337
This is a problem. Most places do pretty awful coffee, but thanks to milk and sugar, get away with it.

I generally don't drink espresso that I haven't made myself anymore because of it.

If you can find a place that has a good reputation, go for a short black, with 2 sugars, or finish up a lebanese or turkish meal with some of their coffee.

Black and very sweet, and probably a good starting point
cheers mate. Found anywhere particularly good around UTS yet? I've been going to My Cuppa under building 3. seem to be ok. The girl looked scared when i said double ristretto, but the barista knew what i was talking about, so that was ok :p

NCR600

Likes Dirt
cheers mate. Found anywhere particularly good around UTS yet? I've been going to My Cuppa under building 3. seem to be ok. The girl looked scared when i said double ristretto, but the barista knew what i was talking about, so that was ok :p
Haven't found anywhere particularly good as yet... I'm on the lookout though!

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Woah Dave, you're such a hard ass... no milk in your coffee... man, that shit is hectic! Dont tell me you take your salad without dressing too!

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
I was challenged once to have a double macciato. It was pretty good. I was told to have it with two sugars, so I did, then the next time I went all hardcore and did one. It was like it was so bitter, you couldn't really taste it.

What's the difference between a macciato and a ristretto? (apologies for butchering the names)

n plus one

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow this is a long thread, alot of Java heads here.

Anyway the only real coffee is a flat white... it may sound boring but think about it:

You order a cappucino cuz you're a sheep and you don't know anything and hence think that that is what a coffee is called, and you sit there spooning the foam off like it's a dessert treat.

A long black because you really want instant coffee.

A latte cuz you're a fruity metro poser.

A flavoured coffee cuz you're too soft to handle the real taste.

An espresso cuz you're trying to look all cool and continental.

A macciato cuz you saw it on the menu and have no idea what it is.
+ 1

Although I will sometimes (rarely) brew turkish style at home.

Tomas

my mum says im cool
For all the Skim milk haters:

I put enough shit into my mouth on a daily basis without having to worry about two things:

Softdrink (as much as i love the shit)
Full-cream milk. Honest to god i cant taste the difference.