Clinging onto what is left of my youth

fastrider gus

super huck
Im ticking off another bike that I've always dreamed of since I was a shovel slinging grom.

Custom trailboss, X-lanky geometry based on a transition PBJ but a little slacker head angle and lower BB.

Froffing to throw a leg over this one..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Im ticking off another bike that I've always dreamed of since I was a shovel slinging grom.

Custom trailboss, X-lanky geometry based on a transition PBJ but a little slacker head angle and lower BB.

Froffing to throw a leg over this one..

Can’t wait to see this built

fastrider gus

super huck
I see no reason for running a brake mount on this thing. I want the bike to be as neat as possible. There aren't too many options for a new I.S. mount brake, possibly an old Hope mini or even M4 but they are tricky to find NOS.
I found this M965 calliper on ebay which should do the job nicely, paired it with a new M9100 lever, goodridge hose and a Trickstuff rotor. Clean as a bloody whistle..

fastrider gus

super huck
Thats a nice delivery...
I ran classics on my jump bike 18 years ago, they have always been a favorite of mine. These are a little nicer with all Ti upgrades in the axle + cassette body.
Elite cranks are an outrageously nice bit of kit.

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why the 36t chainring? Most folks who run bmx cranks on thier dj bikes have 28 or 25t...
My dj is set up with 28/12

Edit, is that 38t :0

fastrider gus

super huck
Why the 36t chainring? Most folks who run bmx cranks on thier dj bikes have 28 or 25t...
My dj is set up with 28/12

Edit, is that 38t :0
Yep 38t. The micro-drive look never really appealed to me, I think the smallest I ran back in the day was 30t.
I don't like street/park riding. Im going for a race/jump hybrid inspired build so the bigger ring is key. 38 is the biggest I can run on the Curtis with that cut out on the chainstay and I think the 38 looks a bit better than the 36, the holes start to get too small.

fastrider gus

super huck
Empire are building the wheels at the moment, just gotta order a fork and a few more bits and I can build it up. Keen as beans!