Chunt of the year.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Seriously this guy makes me so angry.
I am quite surprised can't he only got 10 months for that incident. The rest of his offences read pretty rough too. Do you think in prison his name was regularly mispronounced by stronger inmates with needs?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green

moorey

call me Mia
Same can be said for the grub of a lawyer who thinks he should be let off because of pleading guilty. The way I see it, if one admits guilt, one accepts the full penalty that follows. The trend for sentence reduction because of a guilty plea is nothing short of corrupt.
Yes and no. The money and resources that go into the legal system is mind boggling…then the appeal….then further appeals. There needs to be an incentive to copping a guilty plea, even if it’s not much.
In the US podcast series I’m working through, the guilty plea might give you 25 years with possible parole, v the possibility of life with/without parole…which could be as little as 30 years, or overturned on appeal. A guaranteed lengthy prison term it at least a sure thing for the prosecution.
His sentence is way to light though.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Besides the huge cost to jail someone, Jails don't do a lot of good at reforming crims in Australia, something like 65% of crims are non-violet in QLD jails and close to 50% return rate with in a 2-year period, money is better spent towards rehabilitation programs.

Attachments

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Besides the huge cost to jail someone, Jails don't do a lot of good at reforming crims in Australia, something like 65% of crims are non-violet in QLD jails and close to 50% return rate with in a 2-year period, money is better spent towards rehabilitation programs.
That's woke lefty marxism thinking. Or something like that.

moorey

call me Mia
I was referring above to brutal murders specifically, of repeat violent offenders.
Non violent offenders are a different case. White collar crime needs to be taken more seriously. Not necessarily with jail terms, but restitution of the financial harm done.

Flow-Rider

Burner
That's woke lefty marxism thinking. Or something like that.
Millions of dollars just gets wasted jailing these people, they should at least put them to work, so that they can pay for jail time. Most of them come out the same, isolated from the community, and just think it's better on the inside.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Millions of dollars just gets wasted jailing these people, they should at least put them to work, so that they can pay for jail time. Most of them come out the same, isolated from the community, and just think it's better on the inside.
People get the idea that prisoners are getting a free ride if they're actively rehabilitated so they prefer them to have a hard time in jail.

Most people land in jail due to poor life choices or bad circumstances rather than meticulous planning or malicious intent. It's the former we should be looking to help the most.

Flow-Rider

Burner
People get the idea that prisoners are getting a free ride if they're actively rehabilitated so they prefer them to have a hard time in jail.

Most people land in jail due to poor life choices or bad circumstances rather than meticulous planning or malicious intent. It's the former we should be looking to help the most.
Add mental health problems to that list too.

moorey

call me Mia

It's the latter with good lawyers who get off lightly after doing the greatest harm.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Fireys’ shame: 200 pedophile, criminal firefighters kicked out
A shocking 200 pedophile and criminal firefighters have been booted from Queensland’s ranks over serious sexual and violent offences.

Two hundred pedophile and criminal firefighters have been booted from Queensland’s ranks over serious sexual and violent offences.
The action was taken to weed out the QFES employees and volunteers after a compulsory requirement to apply for Blue Cards revealed their criminal pasts.

A further 40 who tried to apply for jobs were immediately knocked back after failing their Blue Cards.

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
A shocking 200 pedophile and criminal firefighters have been booted from Queensland’s ranks over serious sexual and violent offences.

Two hundred pedophile and criminal firefighters have been booted from Queensland’s ranks over serious sexual and violent offences.
The action was taken to weed out the QFES employees and volunteers after a compulsory requirement to apply for Blue Cards revealed their criminal pasts.

A further 40 who tried to apply for jobs were immediately knocked back after failing their Blue Cards.
I assume this is about to happen to the politicians and police as well?????
FFC

moorey

call me Mia

I'm jaded enough to think they're only being picked up for this because the were scrutinised. It's the same numbers everywhere, I'll wager.