Chunt of the year.

safreek

So much this. Backed up by research:
I have mainly been riding on the road in the last 6 months or so, first couple of months it was helmetless and all car drivers gave way at roundabouts and such.
Come magpie season I donned a helmet for protection and the survey is pretty much correct, been continuity chopped off.

Once it cools down temperature wise I will go back to no helmet and see how it goes, I think the black beanie makes you more human

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Had a tourist from country area near Yorkshire here recently, mates mrs sisters brother, mate him and me e-biked from my place in Weston Creek to Bentspoke and he was blown away by barely touching a road to go the other side of the city. It makes a huge difference having the option for everyone but serious roadies who need to do mountain miles and such. He's over 60 and a roadie, he also noted the number of roadies not going slow around the lake circuit and commented he'd love something like that for riding back home. Still plenty of cyclist hate and ignorance here though sadly.
I am very much missing the Burely Griffen Dam path network for commuting to work!