Choices! New Dirt Jump frame

sekops

Likes Bikes
Im contemplating on buying a new bike frame to replace my old but good STP w/ 24" wheels. So Im basically thinking between the Yeti DJ 2010 and the Last Cord 2009. The difference in price is phenemeonal, but YETI to me has some pluses. Here are my comparisons, but somehow i prefer the CORD

Positives
YETI : Lighter(2.2kg), good Chainstay lengths
CORD: Cheaper, TT lower height, runs 24 or 26"

Negatives:
YETI: Expensive, only runs 26"
CORD: Heavy (2.75 kg)

What do you guys think? Basically at the moment, i have issues w/ TT height being too high, and the BB being too low.

sekops

Likes Bikes
Damn! The Dartmoors look awesome! Ive never heard them! Are they pretty good? im gonna check them out.

The Banshess look pretty cool, but the BBs a lil low my liking.

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Damn! The Dartmoors look awesome! Ive never heard them! Are they pretty good? im gonna check them out.

The Banshess look pretty cool, but the BBs a lil low my liking.
yer dartmoor came into ausrtalia like late 09 i think?, in my mind the cody is pritty much the best in its catergory. which is why i got one:p

sekops

Likes Bikes
Shucks, I forgot to mention, i wanna put a derailleur on the setup. Dartmoor? It has a spanish BB, me no likey

sekops

Likes Bikes
No way :), I had no idea the surburban could hold gears, and it has a euro BB, so ill save the weight by getting a simple SLX/or Saint crankset

I gonna defintetly look into the surburban

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
24" NS Suburban suits what you want, is reasonably priced if you buy a model a year or two old and is an awesome, awesome frame!

Last edited:

sekops

Likes Bikes
Yeah, the surburban, for sure. 26", Sure wished chain reaction had the orange one though. Man im getting pumped.

sekops

Likes Bikes
Yea, the banshees i have to say look pretty awesome. But I know the geometry isnt going to work for me, its a shame though

Jimass

Eats Squid
No way :), I had no idea the surburban could hold gears, and it has a euro BB, so ill save the weight by getting a simple SLX/or Saint crankset

I gonna defintetly look into the surburban

The two4 player has a euro BB..

EDIT: but no hanger... >.<

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
The two4 player has a euro BB..

EDIT: but no hanger... >.<
Ah but there is aftermarket hangers for both these frames and the Shine dual frame. ;)

Turns the two4 and two6 player into a deadly little all round frame, unfortunately trying to get them in near impossible even for us: just too many selling straight out to europe!

We started Dartmoor in Australia mid last year, They have been outside europe now near 2 yrs, only really coming into the spot light the last 6 months. Be prepared for some big things in 2011 and now that USA and Canada have distributors they will start popping up on their forums.