Chickenpox

Flow-Rider

Burner
I got the pox when I was about 10, didn't move from bed for about 3 weeks, then got the shingles when I was about 35, big scab formed on my throat and burnt like all hell.

stirk

Burner
Thread reminds me of the South Park episode where the parents intentionally get this kids sick with the pox and the kids get hilarious revenge.

Reactions: D2R

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Google how much of a good idea that was in hindsight.....
It was a great idea because we didn't have GooGle or other people's opinions.

We all had it and most of us can't remember... except for my youngest bro, he picked the biggest forehead pox and left himself a round hole scar.

moorey

call me Mia
It was a great idea because we didn't have GooGle or other people's opinions.

We all had it and most of us can't remember... except for my youngest bro, he picked the biggest forehead pox and left himself a round hole scar.
Dead men tell no tales…

Minlak

custom titis
Sooooo- Lets break down the information I have managed to glean since this thread started. All from Govt health pages from various states.
  • If you get vaccinated - You can still catch it but it shouldn't be as bad unless it is
  • If you had it as a kid - - The virus stays dormant in your system forever and can reactivate - but shouldn't be as bad unless it is
  • A lot of people get misdiagnosed with Chicken Pox as a child so have not actually had it before
  • Adults don't technically get Chicken Pox they get Shingles but Shingles is just bad Chicken Pox
Sooooo pretty much - Shrug good luck everyone

moorey

call me Mia
Sooooo- Lets break down the information I have managed to glean since this thread started. All from Govt health pages from various states.
  • If you get vaccinated - You can still catch it but it shouldn't be as bad unless it is
  • If you had it as a kid - - The virus stays dormant in your system forever and can reactivate - but shouldn't be as bad unless it is
  • A lot of people get misdiagnosed with Chicken Pox as a child so have not actually had it before
  • Adults don't technically get Chicken Pox they get Shingles but Shingles is just bad Chicken Pox
TLDR. Everyone should get vaccinated.

Minlak

custom titis
TLDR. Everyone should get vaccinated.
TLDR. Everyone should make an informed decision.

My point was not for or against vaccinations - my point was all the information was “Should be this way” - “Unless it isn’t” - found it bemusing

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Sorry, adults sure can and do become infected by varicella-zoster. I spent time in hospital with it. My treating doctor in the ED has had it three times himself. I was vaccinated as a child.

Adults can definitely become infected with varicella.

CDC: “Varicella (chickenpox) is an acute infectious disease. It is caused by varicella-zoster virus (VZV), which is a DNA virus that is a member of the herpesvirus group. After the primary infection, VZV stays in the body (in the sensory nerve ganglia) as a latent infection. Primary infection with VZV causes varicella. Reactivation of latent infection causes herpes zoster (shingles).”

TGA approval for vaccines are limited to 50 yo plus. Under 50 are exposed.

Minlak

custom titis
Sorry, adults sure can and do become infected by varicella-zoster. I spent time in hospital with it. My treating doctor in the ED has had it three times himself. I was vaccinated as a child.

Adults can definitely become infected with varicella.

CDC: “Varicella (chickenpox) is an acute infectious disease. It is caused by varicella-zoster virus (VZV), which is a DNA virus that is a member of the herpesvirus group. After the primary infection, VZV stays in the body (in the sensory nerve ganglia) as a latent infection. Primary infection with VZV causes varicella. Reactivation of latent infection causes herpes zoster (shingles).”

TGA approval for vaccines are limited to 50 yo plus. Under 50 are exposed.
Ummmm - Yeah that's what I said - I was quoting th different information on different pages not making any kind of statement.

• Adults don't technically get Chicken Pox they get Shingles but Shingles is just bad Chicken Pox - Soooo same virus - see I said it there :)

Flow-Rider

Burner
Ummmm - Yeah that's what I said - I was quoting th different information on different pages not making any kind of statement.

• Adults don't technically get Chicken Pox they get Shingles but Shingles is just bad Chicken Pox - Soooo same virus - see I said it there :)
Once you've had chicken pox the virus can be stored in your spinal cord and releases under certain condition.