TAS FOUND: cheap unicorn(150-160 mm straight steerer fork)

Lucaw

Next in line
Item: 150-160mm straight steerer fork or 80-120mm straight steerer dirt jump forks
Willing to Pay: $200 for a 150-160mm fork and $100 for a 80-120 dirt jump fork or a marzocchi 150 damper
Extra Info: my z150s sound like a tool chests being pushed down a stair case and has rebound to infinity. I will try to fix it but there is a high chance I will fail. the fork I am looking for can have any axle type and can be coil or air. They can be dry or need seal replacement but not have sterilizing rebound or sound like a tool chest being pushed down a stair case. It also needs to not be flexy as it is going on a stiff freeride hardtail. Pictures will be needed. preferably single crown but may consider dual crown if I can't find a single crown.

Last edited:

nathanm

Eats Squid
The am1’s that I bought off @nathanm for $100 and replaced the seals on work well and are silent.
You’re argument is invalid
Hey now I know who you are :D. Sux about that FRX? or whatever it was you bought, i saw that online, enquired and realised it may have some big problems so left it.

I'm building a bit of a network of local guys stockpiling older stuff, I'll put the word out for you.

Lucaw

Next in line
Pulled the fork apart and it’s beyond saving. The damper internals are bent, hence not reaching full travel and having no damping, the coil is loose on the damper causing the tool chest noise.
My dj 2 has a 150mm damper and would only need a longer slide rod to make it 150. If anyone has a straight steerer dirt jumper fork with between 80 and 120mm of travel that there’d let go for $100 the I would take that too

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have some coil 2003 dirt jumper 3's with no oil & slightly dodgy internal seal you can have for free? Will possibly be in Hobart on Sat.

Lucaw

Next in line
I received @Isaakk fork and it’s going to have too much travel for my dirt jumper(130 vs the 80 currently on there). The damper is also not an individual unit so I can’t steal that. I’ll use it as a temporary fork but I am still looking. I would like any 150-160 straight steerer fork, any fork with a 150 marzocchi damper, a 150 marzocchi damper, a fork that can be internally adjusted, or any straight steerer dirt jump fork with between 80-120mm of travel

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
I received @Isaakk fork and it’s going to have too much travel for my dirt jumper(130 vs the 80 currently on there). The damper is also not an individual unit so I can’t steal that. I’ll use it as a temporary fork but I am still looking. I would like any 150-160 straight steerer fork, any fork with a 150 marzocchi damper, a 150 marzocchi damper, a fork that can be internally adjusted, or any straight steerer dirt jump fork with between 80-120mm of travel
It's been a long time since I've played with them but pretty sure you can lower 2003 dirt jumpers. If your lowers are the same style the internals are interchangeable also.

Lucaw

Next in line
you need a shorter slide rod to convert and I don't have one. my dj2 has 1 slide rod and a damper.

Petero

Likes Dirt
Just saw this and remember seeing a straight steerer wtb on here. No idea if these are even close, but hey, straight steerer.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk