Cheap Droppers

Flow-Rider

Burner
Any issues, talk to manitou head office before progressing. I sent mine to ShockCraft who handled the warranty out of goodwill, but I had to pay $100+ in NZ post. Manitou said they would have covered that too if I'd checked with them first.
What's the difference between before and after if you have a receipt and it was proven warranty work?

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
ive got an brand x ascend that comes on some of the mid priced nukeproof bikes , available chain reaction for about $250 ,

I havnt had a problem with mine and it gets pretty good reviews .

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Interested if anyone has tested this? My Satori shat itself, pretty sure it's less than 12 months. Worth a shot?
I purchased a DNM dropper from them for a mate. A couple of weeks in and the actuator seized up.

Sent the faulty one in and had a brand new replacement in a week.

I have heard others having not as great a time with warranty through them though...

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
At the risk of derailing the Cycling Deal warranty thread, it seems that there's very little stock of anything available.
No delivery date on the OneUps, no X-Fusions unless you want 34.9 so at this point it looks like I'm getting a Revive for my Paradox and fitting my X-Fusion to my son's bike. I hope it lives up to the hype $500 for a dropper is fucking extortionate. My son has given the BX the thumbs down and deemed it to be inappropriate for his lofty standards. Now I'm having trouble getting the DVO Topaz, fucking COVID is going to ruin Christmas.

Flow-Rider

Burner
At the risk of derailing the Cycling Deal warranty thread, it seems that there's very little stock of anything available.
No delivery date on the OneUps, no X-Fusions unless you want 34.9 so at this point it looks like I'm getting a Revive for my Paradox and fitting my X-Fusion to my son's bike. I hope it lives up to the hype $500 for a dropper is fucking extortionate. My son has given the BX the thumbs down and deemed it to be inappropriate for his lofty standards. Now I'm having trouble getting the DVO Topaz, fucking COVID is going to ruin Christmas.
It's crazy times, if ya soiled jocks have a picture of a mountain bike they'll be guaranteed to sell for 6X the original purchase price ATM

moorey

call me Mia
Not just Bikes.....try finding a clapped out 90's hilux for less than a tidy 2010's on pre covid prices. My mate bought a new triton 18 months ago for $32k on the road. A bloke accosted him the other day on the street offering him $35k for it.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Not just Bikes.....try finding a clapped out 90's hilux for less than a tidy 2010's on pre covid prices. My mate bought a new triton 18 months ago for $32k on the road. A bloke accosted him the other day on the street offering him $35k for it.
Wow I payed $29k for my 2018 Triton brand new delivered. Just went and looked at car sales and it looks like I might be selling my Triton

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Well I need an internal dropper for a Merida big 9 . Trouble is I need a short insertion due to bottle cage nutsert . I have 230mm before hitting the nutsert . Much to my horror everywhere is sold out of just about all options . I wonder how long it will take the industry to catch up . Already seeing shortages and long lead times for truck parts .

moorey

call me Mia
Well I need an internal dropper for a Merida big 9 . Trouble is I need a short insertion due to bottle cage nutsert . I have 230mm before hitting the nutsert . Much to my horror everywhere is sold out of just about all options . I wonder how long it will take the industry to catch up . Already seeing shortages and long lead times for truck parts .
What diameter and drop?

MarioM

Likes Dirt
What diameter and drop?
30.9 . I actually have 235mm into seat tube total, not the 230 that I thought and because I`m a short arse with stumpy legs I have 150mm left to play with . KS Eten I fits this bill in its 100 travel according to sheet on MTB direct . Brand X in 85 travel also fits the bill and is in stock , but I`m wanting to buy in Oz . Not in a rush but hopefully stock arrives of the KS in the next month or so .

Jpez

Down on the left!
I just sucked it and paid big postage for a seat post direct from PNW in the USA. Had what I needed.
PNW like OneUp both have short insertion setups.
maybe OneUp sell direct as well.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
I just sucked it and paid big postage for a seat post direct from PNW in the USA. Had what I needed.
PNW like OneUp both have short insertion setups.
maybe OneUp sell direct as well.
Options there , but off budget . KS rage I also fits the bill . I`ll wait until stocks start coming into the country . Some things I`d rather buy here than OS .

moorey

call me Mia
30.9 . I actually have 235mm into seat tube total, not the 230 that I thought and because I`m a short arse with stumpy legs I have 150mm left to play with . KS Eten I fits this bill in its 100 travel according to sheet on MTB direct . Brand X in 85 travel also fits the bill and is in stock , but I`m wanting to buy in Oz . Not in a rush but hopefully stock arrives of the KS in the next month or so .
Wiggle AU site is Aussie stock.