Cheap Droppers

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
KS shipment dropped late last week.

Backorders should start flowing if not today then soon. Sorry skeleton crew at Link at present.

My understanding is
Eteni is $179.95rrp
Ragei is $219.95 rrp

The ETen is a 2 piece design like the BrandX ($A255), PNW, XFusion Manic ($A349.95), OneUp (v2 $US209 direct approx $A279 before shipping ex gst or $A319.95 MTBD), FunnMTB ($287), EXAForm JAGi ($A159.95 - from memory, ORBO awaiting shipment), KS E20i (alloy cart)
- some of these use steel some use alloy for the cartridge unit.
The Rage i is a 1 piece sealed cartridge without air adjustment with steel bits. In my view a step up from above 2 piece design .. Holds air marginally better.
The LEV Si ($309.95) is a 1 piece cartridge with air adjustment and steel bits ... the air adjustment is well worth the additional premium. I personally wouldn’t go below LEV Si ... but I’m on an Uptimizer lololz.

Looks like I need to lift prices ... thanks for making me look

MarioM

Likes Dirt
KS shipment dropped late last week.

Backorders should start flowing if not today then soon. Sorry skeleton crew at Link at present.

My understanding is
Eteni is $179.95rrp
Ragei is $219.95 rrp

The ETen is a 2 piece design like the BrandX ($A255), PNW, XFusion Manic ($A349.95), OneUp (v2 $US209 direct approx $A279 before shipping ex gst or $A319.95 MTBD), FunnMTB ($287), EXAForm JAGi ($A159.95 - from memory, ORBO awaiting shipment), KS E20i (alloy cart)
- some of these use steel some use alloy for the cartridge unit.
The Rage i is a 1 piece sealed cartridge without air adjustment with steel bits. In my view a step up from above 2 piece design .. Holds air marginally better.
The LEV Si ($309.95) is a 1 piece cartridge with air adjustment and steel bits ... the air adjustment is well worth the additional premium. I personally wouldn’t go below LEV Si ... but I’m on an Uptimizer lololz.

Looks like I need to lift prices ... thanks for making me look
Can you explain on "holds air marginally better " on the rage i ? Are they squishy posts ?

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Sales have sucked me in and I need some advice on two options:

TransX Pressure Adjustable

vs

KS Rage-I

Price is pretty much the same.

Is there much difference between them?

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Sales have sucked me in and I need some advice on two options:

TransX Pressure Adjustable

vs

KS Rage-I

Price is pretty much the same.

Is there much difference between them?
I would ask for confirmation re the 'pressure adjustable' TransX. My understanding is they are the same post as Brand X and I was recently considering buying one and found some were sealed (no valve to add air). When I looked at one online (maybe Wiggle?) it had a discretion that read 'pressure adjustable' but a number of comments referred to losing pressure and needing a warranty replacement cartridge.

It's pretty confusing and seemed to change at some point.

Something else to throw into the mix is MTB direct have a sale on One-Up posts at the moment. Might be a bit more expensive that TransX or the KS but good value. I just grabbed a 210 drop for $265

PJO

in me vL comy
I would ask for confirmation re the 'pressure adjustable' TransX. My understanding is they are the same post as Brand X and I was recently considering buying one and found some were sealed (no valve to add air). When I looked at one online (maybe Wiggle?) it had a discretion that read 'pressure adjustable' but a number of comments referred to losing pressure and needing a warranty replacement cartridge.

Something else to throw into the mix is MTB direct have a sale on One-Up posts at the moment. Might be a bit more expensive that TransX or the KS but good value. I just grabbed a 210 drop for $265
Also MTB direct have PNW droppers under $200 depending on the configuration your'e after...

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click

If it's this one:

The description says:

"Spring style: Replaceable air cartridge - return speed is adjustable via air pressure (valve located underneath saddle clamp)."

Looks like good value :)

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
How do the PNW Rainiers compare to One-Up?
I'm currently on a PNW Bachelor. Great post. Based on the same internals etc as then Brand X/Trans X but can confirm it has the valve for adjustable pressure. Easy to service and very reliable. I've also found customer service to be first class.

I only bought a new post as I got sucked in by sales and the chance to go up to 210mm drop (currently at 170mm). When I looked at all the measurements to see if the 210mm would fit, it became apparent that OneUps marketing re the post having the shortest stack height is no joke. Both their above the collar and below the collar measurements are much more compact for the given drop of any post when comparing to PNW allowing you to increase the amount of drop you get.

I hear good reports about them so willing to give it a shot but can't compare yet...

Scotty675

Cable thief
I bought a new fox transfer awhile ago and a 150mm transfer is now inline with a one up 150mm post. Price wise one ups still win but transfers are definitely lower stack now