Cheap accommodation in Canberra and Wollongong

slowmick

38-39"
My band is doing a road trip next weekend playing in Canberra on Friday night and then Wollongong on Saturday before heading back to Melbourne on Sunday. There's 5 of us and gear on a 12 seater bus .

Friday night is The Basement (2 Cohen St, Belconnen ACT 2617) and Saturday night is Corrimal Hotel (268 Princes Hwy, Corrimal NSW 2518).

Looking for somewhere cheap to stay but that the bus will still have wheels in the morning. The caravan parks in Corrimal seem to be booked out for the weekend.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Haakon's place?

oh the fun of telling the significant other a travelling band is staying with no notice.

Hehahahahhehehe

climberman

Likes Dirt
My band is doing a road trip next weekend playing in Canberra on Friday night and then Wollongong on Saturday before heading back to Melbourne on Sunday. There's 5 of us and gear on a 12 seater bus .

Friday night is The Basement (2 Cohen St, Belconnen ACT 2617) and Saturday night is Corrimal Hotel (268 Princes Hwy, Corrimal NSW 2518).

Looking for somewhere cheap to stay but that the bus will still have wheels in the morning. The caravan parks in Corrimal seem to be booked out for the weekend.
There is another van park called the Towradgi Surf Leisure Resort a few days away that might have accom at a similar price.
The Towradgi Beach Hotel also has rooms (opposite the Towradgi van park).
And its pronounce t'rodgi. Not Tow-radgi.
Have fun at the Corrimal Hotel, technically my local.
There's a backpackers in Wollongong itself as well.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
What flavour of music?

Haven't been in a band since our guitarist passed away, almost three years ago. We'll never find anyone to replace the King.

I've gigged for the previous 40 years... covers and originals.

Love playing live... if you get the chicks dancing, it's up there with a fab ride, snowboarding and/or nooky.

Take ya jumper for Canbra... or wear a beer coat... it's effing cold.

slowmick

38-39"
Lazmo - 40 years is a long time to play. bummer that you lost your guitarist. sounds like you've had some awesome experiences playing live. nothing better than when it all comes together with a bunch of mates in front of a good crowd.

we play loud rock 'n' roll with a singer who raps. we also dress up and play funny buggers.

fatboyonabike - very unlikely bloke - if I wasn't in the band i would be the creepy old man at the pub.

Haakon - if it was just me i would offer to bring your bike up from Melbourne in exchange for letting me sleep in the driveway in the car (big metal tent). the band on the other hand is an interesting collection of characters.

accommodation is booked - cheap hotel in Belconnen and the youth hostel in Wollongong. two nights accommodation for $70 each.

Will pack my woollies for Canberra.

Cheers guys. :thumb:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Hippies parents and a fair whack of the 90s hanging out in st kilda, I am accustomed to interesting characters :) But as suggested, the missus would be less interested...

Pack extra woollies, it's flipping freezing. Literally.