Charge Scissor Curb Jumper

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
I had this frame lying around for years (eBay, 60 bucks), finally completed it. Essentially a pub bike, but also pretty fun on the trails. Features include a Tsunami Fork from eBay and a few bits n bobs from Burners (cheers). The wheelset is laced with the iconic tank-esq Sun Ringle Rhyno Lite, in 29".

I'm currently looking for higher bars, probably 6.5" rise, for easier drunk cruising. The brakes are shite, perhaps they need bedding in??

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I'm thinking that's probably the prettiest pub bike that ever existed!

ausdb

Being who he is
Very nice but way too flash for a pub bike, would get nicked in no time unless you carry heap of chains as well

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
The brakes are shite, perhaps they need bedding in??
Softer compound brake pads might help.

My inlaws let me fix up their old Ricardo touring bikes years ago and I'd ride the little bike to TAFE. Centre pull brakes on steel rims in the rain is something I never want to experience again.

Ben-e

Captain Critter!

My inlaws let me fix up their old Ricardo touring bikes years ago and I'd ride the little bike to TAFE. Centre pull brakes on steel rims in the rain is something I never want to experience again.
Hahaha that's how I'm feeling about these. I had SRAM rival on a State Bikes fixie and they rivalled disc brakes. These are plain dangerous!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski

Rookie, you need to get some good rust pitting on those chrome rims for optimal stopping power

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Shredden

Knows his goats
From their website it looks like Charge has stopped making normal bikes, only e-bikes now. Anyone know of any similar companies that still exist? ie cheapish steel fixie/mtb/commuter frames

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
From their website it looks like Charge has stopped making normal bikes, only e-bikes now. Anyone know of any similar companies that still exist? ie cheapish steel fixie/mtb/commuter frames
State Bicycle Co. Ive owned an 'Undefeated' was the fastest fixie I've owned. Cheap too.