Chain reaction cycles

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I placed an order for a wheel and a brake adapter from CRC. The wheel arrived by courier yesterday. The brake adapter arrived this morning with the same courier driver.
Did he realise it was probably from the same order and had fallen out of the box, or was it packaged/sent separately?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
If it was (eg) bike24 , they would have just chucked them both in the same huge box with FA padding and no fucks given, and the adaptor would have rattled and banged against the wheel all the way to your door. So, if no extra cost to you, was actually a better idea to send them seperately, IMO
Wiggle-CRC bought Bike24 in 2017, only to sell it again in 2019, then Signa Sports United bought Wiggle-CRC in 2021.

Long gone are the days when they were family owned businesses and you actually got a decent service from people who gave a fuck.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
When Hope was cheap and if you bought hubs/spokes/rims, you could get them made in to hand built wheels for an extra $1 :)

You had to pay? I was sure they did it for free, just had to put a comment in the box while paying. Such a good deal! I had some cool wheels made up by them.

ozzybmx

You had to pay? I was sure they did it for free, just had to put a comment in the box while paying. Such a good deal! I had some cool wheels made up by them.
Nearly sure it was a $1 cost. If you were ordering for yourself to build, you obviously needed to pick spoke lengths.
Tick that box and they were hand build by a good Norn Irish bloke.
When the Pommes took over (Wiggle), they closed down the wheelbuilding, funding for NI trails, numerous shop fronts and eventually warehousing. Not sure what's left but the big CRC shop in Belfast remains.
When I was back last year, they had zero stock of Evoc Bike Bags online and old mate in the Boucher Rd superstore pulled one from the store room for me, charging me a sensational $500 for it.
He says always ask as they carry additional stock in store after its sold out online.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I don't remember having to pick spoke lengths, just butted or straight and silver or black. The best of online shopping times!!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I don't remember having to pick spoke lengths, just butted or straight and silver or black. The best of online shopping times!!
That's how I remember it! Pick hub, rim, spokes, nipples and ask in special instructions (or whatever that part of the order was called) "please build wheel/s" and after a few days the order was on the way.

Wiggle fucked it all up pretty good.

ozzybmx

Thats what I thought I said. If you wanted to build the wheels yourself, you needed to order the correct the length. If you did the $1 tick, a skilful Irish wheelsmith did the work for you ;)

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Chain reaction and Wiggle now no longer show Shimano and SRAM parts as being available.
Weren't that cheap to begin with. But reducing the amount of options is never a good idea. I'm switching to aliexpress lately too. Just have to be a bit more proactive to research which vendors and be patient with post.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Wow the 'In stock' option has returned!

Just took them all of a few weeks to get that one back.

Still missing a heap of useful stuff like sub categories. For example lights don't have front back or pair ptons. Wheels are still shambles and shimano has seeming disappeared. Also the sort by price is so woefully broken I suspect it's deliberate.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Wow the 'In stock' option has returned!

Just took them all of a few weeks to get that one back.

Still missing a heap of useful stuff like sub categories. For example lights don't have front back or pair ptons. Wheels are still shambles and shimano has seeming disappeared. Also the sort by price is so woefully broken I suspect it's deliberate.
And they still only have one 29" wheel available according to the left hand categories..

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Anyone purchased stuff from CRC recently? If so, what's the shipping time like?

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Anyone purchased stuff from CRC recently? If so, what's the shipping time like?
Depends on if they use EVRi or DHL. Previous orders I have placed they used EVRi and it took 2-3 weeks. Latest order I made it was sent via DHL and arrived exactly 7 days after dispatch.
I don't know how they decide to use one carrier over the other, it seems to be the luck of the draw.