Chain reaction cycles

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Took advantage of the cheaper Hayes Dominion brakes from CRC. Arrived quickly but...

the thieving gypsy bastards have removed the brakes from the oem packaging and neglected to include the extra contents of said box. No spare set of pads and no olives is going to make it hard to bleed the unconnected rear brake hose! I've never received a set of brakes with the master not connected to the hose!

Scotty675

Cable thief
Mine haven’t arrived yet so can’t comment yet.
They do ship brakes these days without hose not connected to master for internal routing but should definitely have Barb/olive etc in bag.
I bought your seconds last time so not sure how these should arrive

Last edited:

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Took advantage of the cheaper Hayes Dominion brakes from CRC. Arrived quickly but...

the thieving gypsy bastards have removed the brakes from the oem packaging and neglected to include the extra contents of said box. No spare set of pads and no olives is going to make it hard to bleed the unconnected rear brake hose! I've never received a set of brakes with the master not connected to the hose!
Have you checked for an olive inside the lever where the hose goes?

I got some Shimano brakes years ago that weren't connected and thought they had left out the olive so trip to the LBS. Found said missing olive when connecting the hose and the LBS olive wouldn't fit in the hole because there was an olive in there already.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Have you checked for an olive inside the lever where the hose goes?

I got some Shimano brakes years ago that weren't connected and thought they had left out the olive so trip to the LBS. Found said missing olive when connecting the hose and the LBS olive wouldn't fit in the hole because there was an olive in there already.
No, haven’t checked that but will tomorrow.

Mattyp

Cows go boing

"Oh you wanted Hayes Dominion brakes....yeah sorry these are Heys Dumbinion..."
Have you tried scratching the paint coating to see if it comes off? :p

nathanm

Eats Squid
My order from the 15th is still sitting in the UK apparently due to some labelling error. Shipping is with "Evri" and as others have suggested they appear to be about as competent as Aramex/Sendle.

A real pity as until recently CRC used to be faster than Aus Post. Would be nice to find a online store that could actually get you parcels in a reasonable timeframe.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

Just checked the listing and way down the bottom……:confused:

B3807BDE-65C0-4B3A-8F55-82894F048FD7.jpeg

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Which would indicate it comes in the original packaging?

Looking at the questions posted by others it seems that others have received the brakes in the same packaging as me without the spare pads.
Having had similar experiences with other stuff from CRC and elsewhere in the past, the "after market packaging" is what you're calling "original packaging" - the retail packaging for a set of brakes purchased aftermarket. What you've bought, and typically why they sell it cheap, is OEM surplus stock. When Hayes supply hundreds of brakesets to a manufacturer who is going to assemble them onto complete bikes, they don't send them pallets of retail stock all with pretty retail boxes, user manuals, spares etc. Rear brake hose is disconnected for internal routing.

BKMad

Likes Dirt
So it seems that CRC has subscribed to the 'lets make it more shit' website design approach. Much harder to filter categories now as they have removed half the filters and left the useless ones. For example, when buying tyres, why could I possibly want a filter on wheel size?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
So it seems that CRC has subscribed to the 'lets make it more shit' website design approach. Much harder to filter categories now as they have removed half the filters and left the useless ones. For example, when buying tyres, why could I possibly want a filter on wheel size?
the wheel size filter is actually one of the useful ones, for me, but absolutely agree with you about the rest of it.
I did notice that some of the filters weren't actually working properly. I think I was looking at chainrings, and the filter that should have worked, filtered out things I actually wanted to look at.
Should we be happy they didn't scrap words altogether and go with emojis for the search function? No...yet I suppose that will be happening all too soon, Idiocracy style... :oops:

teK--

Eats Squid
the wheel size filter is actually one of the useful ones, for me, but absolutely agree with you about the rest of it.
I did notice that some of the filters weren't actually working properly. I think I was looking at chainrings, and the filter that should have worked, filtered out things I actually wanted to look at.
Should we be happy they didn't scrap words altogether and go with emojis for the search function? No...yet I suppose that will be happening all too soon, Idiocracy style... :oops:
Didn't you know, CRC are pioneering an industry standardisation of wheel sizes... We will all be riding 27.33" wheels soon.

BKMad

Likes Dirt
yeah but I never use the wiggle website because it has always been shit.
Sorry, I was being sarcastic. Yes, being able to filter tyres based on wheel size would have to be the most useful filter that they could have included (but they didn't).

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Imagine being able to filter on Size, width and in stock - And the in stock actually looked at the size and width parameters rather than the "yes I have one tyre in 24" thus I shall say all sizes are in stock"....... Ahh Narvana