Chain reaction cycles

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The owners of Bikebug actually own their own courier service, I pick up from the couriers direct (FRF Couriers) .
I've ordered three thingys from Bikebug on the weekend. All were listed 'in stock' on their site.

Roll forward 5 days and one of the items actually wasn't in stock. The order is 'processing' which means parked until they have all the bits.
Admittedly a first world problem but please, it would be a great idea to have your website to reflect what you actually have in stock.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I've ordered three thingys from Bikebug on the weekend. All were listed 'in stock' on their site.

Roll forward 5 days and one of the items actually wasn't in stock. The order is 'processing' which means parked until they have all the bits.
Admittedly a first world problem but please, it would be a great idea to have your website to reflect what you actually have in stock.
I've had this happen with other shops lately as well, if it's any consolation.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It happens, I guess. Just wish they they had the ducks all lined up in row. The real and virtual worlds aren't always going to line up.
I had an order sit stagnant with cycle station for 2 weeks, I thought shit this is unusual for them but considering the covid BS didn't think much of it, emailed them, no response for a few days and then receive a tracking number. A few weeks later I get a missed phone call from them asking if I received the full order, to which I did and contacted them to confirm, just the other day I looked in the letterbox, and they resent part of the order again o_O.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I had the same thing with them recently. Turned out that my item wasn’t actually in their warehouse but with the distro. Took 7 days for the item to post but it arrived within 3 once sent. Price saving was worth the week wait.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I had the same thing with them recently. Turned out that my item wasn’t actually in their warehouse but with the distro. Took 7 days for the item to post but it arrived within 3 once sent. Price saving was worth the week wait.
Same here. It is in transit to BikeBug's warehouse now apparently.
I really don't mind waiting overall but it is always good practice to set expectations upfront. It would serve them better to say that it is 7 days away opposed to 'in stock'. Email's went unanswered so I called their warehouse to say 'Hi'.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Same here. It is in transit to BikeBug's warehouse now apparently.
I really don't mind waiting overall but it is always good practice to set expectations upfront. It would serve them better to say that it is 7 days away opposed to 'in stock'. Email's went unanswered so I called their warehouse to say 'Hi'.
Just checked my item again. Before specifying size it lists in stock. After choosing specifics, it changes to “available to order- usually ships within 5 days”.
I emailed them after 5 days without seeing the change and thinking it was in stock.
Bit misleading.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It happens, I guess. Just wish they they had the ducks all lined up in row. The real and virtual worlds aren't always going to line up.
Many of the online bike places tell you how many are left in stock, even if someone has it in their virtual basket. When you pay for it, it reserves the part for you.
Its 2020, if places don't have their online software up to 2020 standard and leave customers hanging after taking their cash, its bad for business.

Its a pretty shit experience when they hold the whole order for 1 item that said was in stock, that they dont have.

We all know what inventory count looks like when it gets to the last 1-2 items, the workplace store says 3, but there's only 1, in business this leads to disappointment and a bad experience, bike shops cant afford this sloppy practice.

Some places cant fathom that the reason we ordered the item was BECAUSE WE NEEDED IT :p

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Its a pretty shit experience when they hold the whole order for 1 item that said was in stock, that they dont have.

We all know what inventory count looks like when it gets to the last 1-2 items, the workplace store says 3, but there's only 1, in business this leads to disappointment and a bad experience, bike shops cant afford this sloppy practice.

Some places cant fathom that the reason we ordered the item was BECAUSE WE NEEDED IT :p
It would be a pisser if you ordered 10 or so bits and had to wait for 1 x $1.99 spoke nipple in anno red to be ordered in just so you can get your shipment derspatched. I guess it is the brave new world of low stock on hand and just in time delivery.

Wasn't anything exotic either, just a brake mount. I thought they would be tripping over dozens of boxes of them in the warehouse :D

ozzybmx

It would be a pisser if you ordered 10 or so bits and had to wait for 1 x $1.99 spoke nipple in anno red to be ordered in just so you can get your shipment derspatched.
Its happened many times. In the early years of CRC when it was Northern Irish family owned, they would dispatch 90% of the order, then send the last item or two in another package when they got it in stock.

On the other hand, Ze Germans hold on to the whole thing for 1-2-3 weeks until they have the whole thing. Easy to see after checkout though, just email them and tell them to forget about the out of stock item OR pick an in-stock similar item to replace it, they are good at crediting or billing you for the few euros either way.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Its happened many times. In the early years of CRC when it was Northern Irish family owned, they would dispatch 90% of the order, then send the last item or two in another package when they got it in stock.

On the other hand, Ze Germans hold on to the whole thing for 1-2-3 weeks until they have the whole thing. Easy to see after checkout though, just email them and tell them to forget about the out of stock item OR pick an in-stock similar item to replace it, they are good at crediting or billing you for the few euros either way.
I had the same from CRC and it was one of the things that I really liked about them. Shipping costs $$$ so I couldn't last forever.
The Germans just love efficiency. No drib n' drabs of boxes for you - all or nothing.

Both of these companies with lots of business probably have huge amouints of inventory to call on too, unlike our little backwater shops here.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I had the same from CRC and it was one of the things that I really liked about them. Shipping costs $$$ so I couldn't last forever.
The Germans just love efficiency. No drib n' drabs of boxes for you - all or nothing.

Both of these companies with lots of business probably have huge amouints of inventory to call on too, unlike our little backwater shops here.
It's what annoys me most about the global ecosystem. Ze germans have got it figured out. Their descriptions are on point, no need for unanswered q&a like crc/wiggle, they specify exactly what comes in the box and meticulous with specs. if that doesn't work, they even have handy links to relevant adapters and stuff you might need. They also seem to have the biggest buying power with huge range and lots of stuff in stock that no one else seems to have.

Case in point I've been waiting 2 months for a grx400 RD. No one has them but ze germans, not even the americans but noooo rest of the world just has to watch the german inventory slowly go down while we try to build our bikes...

Scott_W

Likes Bikes
I've been trying to get a set of 26" tyres for the DJ bike for a month now. I've dropped a ton of weight off the bike changing the Maxxis Minnion 2.7 tyres and DH tubes to a set of commuter slicks, but they aint good on dirt. I thought I'd hit the jackpot when I found someone listing some Kenda K-rads in stock so ordered them. Then I got an email the next day: Sorry, not in stock, we'll have them in 6 weeks. Do you want to wait?

Nope, money back please. I'll be glad when things are back to normal, but then again if that's the only way Covid has affected me then I'm not too bad off.

ozzybmx

I've been trying to get a set of 26" tyres for the DJ bike for a month now. I've dropped a ton of weight off the bike changing the Maxxis Minnion 2.7 tyres and DH tubes to a set of commuter slicks, but they aint good on dirt. I thought I'd hit the jackpot when I found someone listing some Kenda K-rads in stock so ordered them. Then I got an email the next day: Sorry, not in stock, we'll have them in 6 weeks. Do you want to wait?

Nope, money back please. I'll be glad when things are back to normal, but then again if that's the only way Covid has affected me then I'm not too bad off.
CRC is usually pretty good, they have live inventory, if you add 30 items, they amend it to what the actual stock is, say 13 items. Problem is as above, when it gets down to the last few, any discrepancy is then bad news for the buyer.

Bloody pommes... that never happened when it was a family business located in Northern Ireland ;)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I made an order with these guys on 30 October and it arrived today without any issues...just like they told me it would. Delivery was free.

Sucks to be all you folks suffering these unusual and lengthy delivery times.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I made an order with these guys on 30 October and it arrived today without any issues...just like they told me it would. Delivery was free.

Sucks to be all you folks suffering these unusual and lengthy delivery times.
Maybe they're stuffing all Newcastle-bound freight on empty coal ships on the return leg from OS?