Chain Life

Lucaw

Next in line
^^ changed my lubing tune since 2019 ;)

After much Youtubing and tossing up ordering a X01/XX1 cassette from a honey hole, I've went the full boat anchor.

Cant be destroying chains and cassettes every 500km. Its a hefty fat 780g cassette alone.

Let me know how unkillable it is...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Let me know how unkillable it is...
With just a look in the boxes, its chunky stuff.

Could anchor the Ruby Princess with that cassette though.

Need to grab the Ibis proprietary HG freehub to get it up and running, no rush as its already stuffed the GX cassette.

ozzybmx

Had my chain skip a couple of times in the past few rides, threw the chain checker on it and it fell through at 0.75, can also push the checker through a 1.0

800km on this Linkglide chain/drivetrain. According to Mr Zero Friction, the LG500 chain is 50% longer lasting than any chain on the market.

PXL_20230924_104654383.jpg

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Had my chain skip a couple of times in the past few rides, threw the chain checker on it and it fell through at 0.75, can also push the checker through a 1.0

800km on this Linkglide chain/drivetrain. According to Mr Zero Friction, the LG500 chain is 50% longer lasting than any chain on the market.

View attachment 402905
Can you squat 200kg?

kten

No, how's yours going ?
You probably don't want to know but the original drive train that came on my Kenevo SL was transferred to my Levo and it's now on my Titan (thousands of kms). I only changed the chain because I wanted a black one not because it needed to be.

I don't know wtf I'm doing right but I have had zero issues with 12 speed on the ebikes.

ozzybmx

You probably don't want to know but the original drive train that came on my Kenevo SL was transferred to my Levo and it's now on my Titan (thousands of kms). I only changed the chain because I wanted a black one not because it needed to be.

I don't know wtf I'm doing right but I have had zero issues with 12 speed on the ebikes.
Have you measured your chain ?

One noise out of my drivetrain and I'm looking for issues. Cant believe these chains are getting fucked out so quickly.

The bike has 1800km on it, the GX chain lasted 500ish, the XX1 chain with a 11-42 cassette was good and the chain is now on my Spur, the Linkglide went on at 1000km and the chain is now rooted.
I've fitted an XX1 11spd chain to it now, will take it out for a test later. Cant do much about it anyway, I don't have anymore Linkglide chains yet... wasn't expecting it to be stretched so soon.

kten

Have you measured your chain ?

One noise out of my drivetrain and I'm looking for issues. Cant believe these chains are getting fucked out so quickly.

The bike has 1800km on it, the GX chain lasted 500ish, the XX1 chain with a 11-42 cassette was good and the chain is now on my Spur, the Linkglide went on at 1000km and the chain is now rooted.
I've fitted an XX1 11spd chain to it now, will take it out for a test later. Cant do much about it anyway, I don't have anymore Linkglide chains yet... wasn't expecting it to be stretched so soon.
No I haven't measured the chain. Only thing it gets is a clean and lube after every ride without fail. I hate noisy drivetrains.

I will measure the chain later and report back. Maybe they have stretched an inch :D

kten

Chains measured and I found one at the back of my pile of chains (8 in total) that needed to be replaced according to my chain checker. Rest of them are all good. Not much real data to go off like kms etc as it seems I change bikes more than I buy chains so hard to keep up.

I did have bother with two X01 chains I bought from Bikeinn a while ago. I snapped both of them and from memory that wasn’t motor assisted, just pure quad power :cool: Copies I’m thinking…maybe yours are same?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Chains measured and I found one at the back of my pile of chains (8 in total) that needed to be replaced according to my chain checker. Rest of them are all good. Not much real data to go off like kms etc as it seems I change bikes more than I buy chains so hard to keep up.

I did have bother with two X01 chains I bought from Bikeinn a while ago. I snapped both of them and from memory that wasn’t motor assisted, just pure quad power :cool: Copies I’m thinking…maybe yours are same?
Maybe @ozzybmx's chain checker's just out of spec, lol.