Catalyst Pedal from Pedaling Innovations

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was after a new set of flat pedals and decided to pull the trigger on a pair of these to give them a try. They will hopefully arrive in December and I think Bike James could be onto something here.

The Pink bike article is here.

What do people think, next innovation or gimmick?

I have been back on the flats for the last few years after I discovered a few bad habits in clips and stuck with them after I found them more comfortable overall.

I still run clips on the XC bike but ride it less and less these days.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Anything bike james recommends I'd be dubious of, doesn't have a the best record for reliable evidence based advice, he just makes shit up to suit his agenda or opinion.

There are no bad habits with clipless pedals vs flats, it's a different tool that requires a different approach and technique, if people rode clipless like that wont flats, there would be no benefits for using clipless.

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
I think Bike James could be onto something here.
Anything bike james recommends I'd be dubious of, doesn't have a the best record for reliable evidence based advice, he just makes shit up to suit his agenda or opinion.
It's worth pointing out that this 'article' is basically a press release by Pedalling Innovations. The tag on the article even says 'Press Releases'. So this James dude isn't onto anything, and hasn't recommended anything - he's basically published a press release. This article is effectively an ad. Buyer beware.

stirk

Burner
Bwhahaha, People with small feet have been enjoying this revolution in pedel tech since decent flats have been around.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Next thing ya know, people will be nicking running boards of piggly dangerous's and putting pins in 'em...

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
It's worth pointing out that this 'article' is basically a press release by Pedalling Innovations. The tag on the article even says 'Press Releases'. So this James dude isn't onto anything, and hasn't recommended anything - he's basically published a press release. This article is effectively an ad. Buyer beware.
And James is pedalling innovations and wrote the press release / article, I guess giving people poor training advice isn't paying the bills.

He also managed to misrepresent the findings from the studies he quoted, which is typical for him, but the pinkbike comments highlight that in multiple places.