Carbonda FM936 carbon all-rounder

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Where did you find the info on the colour options? Can't find them on the page, were they made available after you made the initial inquiry?
Yep, just via e-mail. If you have a colour in mind, try and find the RAL colour number for it and ask if they can match it. Otherwise ask them if they can show your their range of whatever colour you fancy, and they'll send you pictures (or even short videos of some of the metallics).

Just a note to anyone that is considering placing an order, the frame can be supplied with either press-fit or BSA bottom bracket, so make sure you specify what you want when ordering.

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Whoa, that is an excellent find. I've just bought another bike from a big brand just so I could use the frame. If I had known this was an option I would be jumping on the bandwagon for sure.

Do you have leverage curves for it? Did you weigh the frame before you built the bike? Does it have any sort of warranty?

Who is organising the Rotorburn group buy? No, seriously, PM me if someone else is ordering.....

beeb

Whoa, that is an excellent find. I've just bought another bike from a big brand just so I could use the frame. If I had known this was an option I would be jumping on the bandwagon for sure.

Do you have leverage curves for it? Did you weigh the frame before you built the bike? Does it have any sort of warranty?

Who is organising the Rotorburn group buy? No, seriously, PM me if someone else is ordering.....
Leverage curves are tricky because of the flex-stays. Somewhere in that Chinertown thread someone’s posted an estimated graph, but nothing’ll be exact because the “pivot point” is variable so it won’t match the graph exactly.

I didn’t weigh the frame, but it felt pretty close to their stated weight (I bought the “Superlight” version) judging from frames I’ve had previously. To be honest - I don’t know if there’s any formal warranty, but it seems where people on Chinertown have had issues there’s been some assistance. Either direct replacement or discounted “crash replacement” depending on the scenario (though it typically does involve chopping up the damaged part and waiting for the replacement).

Regardless, I t’s not like we can just walk into the shop and hand back a broken frame though - So I work on the principle of “plan for the worst, hope for the best” (no guarantees in other words…).

Last edited:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Looks great @beeb Glad you took the plunge on it and it sure look well out together.

We have to face it eventually that the companies that aren't well known but do make loads of OEM bikes under different names.

Hope you get to enjoy this one for a bit longer. You always do fine bike and take the time to plan it well.

Well done sir.

beeb

Looks great @beeb Glad you took the plunge on it and it sure look well out together.

We have to face it eventually that the companies that aren't well known but do make loads of OEM bikes under different names.

Hope you get to enjoy this one for a bit longer. You always do fine bike and take the time to plan it well.

Well done sir.
Thank you mate, seems we’ll be allowed out more than a few weeks a year from here on, so I should have much more of a chance going forward!

Like you say, almost all the brand-name frames come out of Asia anyway - it’s just a matter of picking an OEM quality manufacturer from a “look alike” copycat - but sadly it’s not always the simplest task from the other side of the world! I wouldn’t have bought this if not for some long-term reviews on the other forum. That put my mind at ease enough to take a chance.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Thank you mate, seems we’ll be allowed out more than a few weeks a year from here on, so I should have much more of a chance going forward!

Like you say, almost all the brand-name frames come out of Asia anyway - it’s just a matter of picking an OEM quality manufacturer from a “look alike” copycat - but sadly it’s not always the simplest task from the other side of the world! I wouldn’t have bought this if not for some long-term reviews on the other forum. That put my mind at ease enough to take a chance.
True, Chinertown is a great resource and there seems to be quite a few people out there looking out for a good buy.

The good ones will bubble to the top. I have been tempted too but maybe one day, just to see what all the fuss is about.

beeb

Your quicklink is backwards...
Alright @Mattyp - I went and swapped the link around so you can sleep tonight.

I also swapped on a set of Renthal Carbon Fatbar Lite 40mm rise bars, and mounted my OneUp pump and tools to the bottle mounts. Then looked at the green CO2 inflator in the end of the OneUp pump, though “Nope!” and pulled it out and deanodised it. Matchy-matchy restored and quick-link “corrected”.

Everything’s coming up Milhouse.