Canyon Neuron

padams10003

Likes Dirt
Anyone got a current model neuron. How does it handle descents and medium sized jumps?

Tossing up between the neuron and a spectral/spectral 125 but not sure if the neuron will stand up to much abuse.

moorey

call me Mia
Anyone got a current model neuron. How does it handle descents and medium sized jumps?

Tossing up between the neuron and a spectral/spectral 125 but not sure if the neuron will stand up to much abuse.
Haven’t ridden either, but if I was going 29” the spectral 125 seems like one hell of a fun bike. Ask @Mattyp.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
The neuron is a bit more xc focused so depends on what type of riding you'll be doing. 125 is big bike geo with shorter travel but still very capable.
If you're talking jumps and descending the 125 is the go.

padams10003

Likes Dirt
I'm am leaning towards the spectral 125 just not so sure how it would handle flatter mellow tracks as well (unless you are pushing it hard).

clockworked

Like an orange
I'm am leaning towards the spectral 125 just not so sure how it would handle flatter mellow tracks as well (unless you are pushing it hard).
I've got an optic, which is similar. It pedals great and is fun on flat trails. It feels great on steep stuff too, but it hits a very hard wall at speed. Its great up to its limits, but it's limits are closer than on a 150mm bike. I feel like its perfect for the old set up of having a trail bike and a downhill bike.

padams10003

Likes Dirt
The neuron is a bit more xc focused so depends on what type of riding you'll be doing. 125 is big bike geo with shorter travel but still very capable.
If you're talking jumps and descending the 125 is the go.
I ride up just to go down, so i think the 125 is a much better choice (plus as K.C. said the neuron isn't really covered for decent sized jumps). Now just have to decide bewtween the AL6 and CF7.