Can't separate Fox RP23 air sleeve

4wdphil

Likes Bikes
I must be doing something wrong here but I've let the air out and unscrewed it as far as it will go but it won't separate. There is a tiny amount of movement between the two sleeves but nothing more than that. Any ideas? It's a boost valve model if that makes any difference.WP_20170227_19_59_37_Pro[1].jpg

4wdphil

Likes Bikes
Pull harder.
So the 1200 x 600 stump that the vice is attached to is tilting off the floor and the screwdriver in the eyelet is bending, surely it shouldn't need that much force? Is there any other setting that might be causing it to stick? I've never come across this before.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So the 1200 x 600 stump that the vice is attached to is tilting off the floor and the screwdriver in the eyelet is bending, surely it shouldn't need that much force? Is there any other setting that might be causing it to stick? I've never come across this before.
How many clicks of compression are you running?

Z

Zaf

Haha, got a winch?! Application of force fixes all problems!!

Just out of curiosity, you are grabbing the air can and pulling? You're not pulling on the shaft eyelet or anything?

4wdphil

Likes Bikes
Haha, got a winch?! Application of force fixes all problems!!

Just out of curiosity, you are grabbing the air can and pulling? You're not pulling on the shaft eyelet or anything?
Ha ha, that's exactly what I was doing in the vice, there was no way I was going to pull that shaft apart! Inverted the shock so the vice was gripping the upper eyelet, got a better grip on the body and it finally popped off. The only dumb question is the one you don't ask. Thanks Zaf.

Z

Zaf