Canberra Worlds - Sportsbet?

Maximus182

Likes Dirt
Just wondering if any sports bet company will be covering the World Championships in Canberra ?

The would be a few aussies with outside chances, i contacted Sportsbet' about it and had no reply.

I know my money will be on Mick or Nathan. ;)

Last edited:

kizza01

Likes Dirt
I contacted sports bet last year regarding this, and their reply was that they were not planning on taking bets. Things might have changed this year though.

entombed

membarrrr
Ive run a book on the hill at a few world champs.
Goes like this
5 beans to play.
Punter to get the correct rider wins decided on closest margin to second place.

I.e Kovarik by .3

Although if i remember last winner didn't claim prize. We got drunk! :D

dysolve

Squid
and you wonder why it took so long for sportbets to get approval :p Nothing is better then getting drunk on some one else's winnings!!! lol

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
I spoke with them about a month ago and their response was that it would depend on the interest level (ie more enquiries - more chance). There are a few US firms that you can bet with online (not that you would do that as it is not allowed in Australia) and the best I got was 13:1 on Mick.

Dragonwoody

Likes Dirt
I spoke with them about a month ago and their response was that it would depend on the interest level (ie more enquiries - more chance). There are a few US firms that you can bet with online (not that you would do that as it is not allowed in Australia) and the best I got was 13:1 on Mick.
13:1, that is pretty damn juicy. Could be worth $100 :D